VirtualVita.org, a client of iMission Institute, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working to end poverty by providing low and middle income seniors and families with free IRS certified tax preparation and financial services. By offering both in-person and fully virtual tax filing and registration for Federal and State programs, VirtualVITA is able to connect the most at-risk members of our community to the financial resources they so desperately need - at no cost to them. Endorsed by the State of Connecticut’s Department of Social Services and Governor Ned Lamont, VirtualVITA is the premier partner of CodeForAmerica’s Get Your Refund, an encrypted, secure platform for online tax filing. Our team of 90+ volunteers prepares over 10,000 tax returns annually, but we need additional funding to scale our operations.
We are seeking a professional grant researcher and writer to sustain and grow this essential revenue stream. You will partner with the Executive Director to identify potential sources of funding, shape the requests and write compelling proposals. You will be a key player in enabling us to realize our plans for sustaining and expanding to help 1,000s of people across the state of Connecticut to gain access to critical programs designed to address poverty and financial disenfranchisement.
· Research prospective private foundations, corporate and government funding opportunities
· Advise on appropriate opportunities, based on the funders’ criteria and our needs and capabilities
· Develop letters of inquiry and write grant proposals complete with necessary collateral material in a deadline-driven environment
· Update and maintain foundation, corporate and government funder data
· Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders
Approximately 15-20 hours per week initially (potentially additional hours at the start to jumpstart the process), working remotely.
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Interest in/ ability to understand and communicate the context and impact of our work as well as our organizational strategies
· Self-motivated, collegial and professional
· 2-3 years of experience writing successful proposals
· Knowledge of the CT area institutional giving community preferred
To Apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VirtualVita.org, a client of iMission Institute, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working to end poverty by providing low and middle income seniors and families with free IRS certified tax preparation and financial services. By offering both…