201 Borough High Street
I.G. Advisors is a strategy consultancy that bridges the gap between fundraisers, corporates and philanthropists to maximise impact. We work closely with our clients and partners to deliver innovative and practical strategies effectively, seamlessly and sustainably.
We have built I.G. Advisors as a unique organisation that is able to understand and speak the language of all stakeholders and is therefore better positioned to deliver effective, sustainable funding strategies. We engage on a personal, human level across the ecosystem, cross-pollinating expertise and supporting our clients in navigating their own journey to long-term success. Those clients include individuals, foundations, companies, charities, not-for-profits, and social enterprises in a wide range of areas including women and girls, global health, international development, human rights, education, sport for development, and the arts. Past and current clients include: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, DLA Piper, Comic Relief, The Old Vic Theatre, the Fund for Global Human Rights, The Guardian, The Hospital Club and many others.
We are currently seeking a Junior Advisor to join our growing team. The role of Junior Advisor is dynamic, exciting, varied, intense and constantly evolving. Our goal at I.G. Advisors is to go above and beyond expectations, delivering innovative, completely unique, ambitious, tailored solutions to our clients. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the role and take on the challenge. As we are a small and growing business, this person will also have the unique opportunity to help develop and shape the future direction of the company.
As with many consultancies, no two days at I.G. will be the same. In the same afternoon you might be researching giving trends on health, assisting in planning an event at the Palace, and presenting a corporate strategy to a board. Thus we are looking for a multi-talented multitasker who enjoys the challenges presented by a diverse and varied slate of work.
This role will be split between working on a variety of I.G. projects across our clients, and spending half of the week seconded to A Million Realities, an initiative of the London-based Packard Foundation. A long-time client of I.G.’s, we have worked with the Packard family to design and launch A Million Realities, a comprehensive, two-year fellowship programme designed to champion and support bold and bright individuals who are passionate about creating systemic social change. The programme aims to find tomorrow’s social impact leaders and offer them the investment and support needed to help them become the change makers of the future.
Working closely with the I.G. and Packard Foundation teams, key responsibilities will include:
- Execute client work, which varies but will include design thinking, research, analysis, facilitation, and strategy development. Strength in all of these areas is required.
- Support I.G.’s team on key business development activities, including attending networking events, meetings and pitches.
- Support on key client accounts and oversee projects and deliverables.
- Act as part-time programme coordinator for A Million Realities, which will include:
- Providing logistical and operational support to fellows in the programme, as well as assisting with the monitoring of fellowship activities and associated costs
- Providing logistical and operational support to the Foundation CEO and Managing Director, including diary management, travel logistics and research assistance
- Co-ordinating all events, including retreats, workshops, fellow get-togethers, pitch events and team meetings
- Assisting with the fellowship selection process
- Co-ordinating the alumni network and associated events
- General administration of the organisation, including hard-copy / digital filing
- Basic bookkeeping and processing of expense reports
- Preparing all printed or digital documentation for presentations, meetings and events
The ideal candidate is:
- Keen to learn and gain experience in the philanthropic sector, with ideally 1-3 years of related work experience. For this position we will value brilliance and a willingness to work hard and learn fast over relevant job experience.
- A great – not just good – communicator with proactive organisation and problem-solving skills. They have the ability to generate and deliver clear and persuasive oral and written communications and a native-level fluency in English; additional language skills admired.
- Someone with excellent project management and organisational skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritise while staying on deadline.
- A person who will thrive working with a small team in a flexible and fast-paced environment, as well as being an independent self-starter who can manage workload and assignments independently.
- A good multitasker who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with a "will not fail" attitude, immensely presentable, polished and professional.
- Known for their excellent attention to detail, and is able to demonstrate responsiveness, reliability and dependability.
- An early adopter of technology who is savvy across many platforms and tools, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and social media. Salesforce experience is welcome.
- Experience with high profile individuals or with private philanthropic entities and demonstrated discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Able to work legally in the UK without restriction.
Generous holiday package, pension, paid sick leave, and access to private medical insurance scheme.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English fluency required; other languages welcome.
Minimum Education Required