722 12th St. NW
THE 270 TEAM
270 Strategies is a public engagement firm. We partner with our clients to build winning campaigns and put their ideas into action. We believe that the best way to engage people in the 21st century is to integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with sophisticated digital strategies, effective communications, and a data-driven approach.
In short: we help campaigns, causes, and companies reach their goals by engaging, inspiring, and mobilizing their target audiences in authentic ways -- both online and offline.
We are committed to diversity among our staff, and deeply believe that our continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT JOB
The Executive Assistant provides executive level support to four Partners, oversees the management of our DC office, assists in organizing internal events, and ensures the team has the resources they need to be successful. This person keeps the trains running by managing the Partners’ active calendars, communicating with contacts, managing appointments, and anticipating scheduling needs.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, responsive and prompt, and approach their work in a systematic and organized way. They will display sound judgment in a variety of situations, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, and be fiercely organized. It’s important that the Executive Assistant is creative in problem solving, has the ability to balance multiple priorities, and is able to complete special projects independently.
This is an exceptional opportunity to build a strong network across the country, be mentored by four kind and generous people, and learn the intricacies of engagement strategy.
Applicants should have a strong desire to do big things and change the world.
This position will be based in Washington, DC.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Partners and the Operations Director to ensure that the Partners and the DC office have the support needed to be effective. Key duties will include organizing the day-to-day functions and calendars for each Partner, designing trip agendas, and managing the internal operations of the office.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Acting as the point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure Partner calendars are adhered to and executed properly
- Working with our third-party firm to book logistically-sound travel arrangements for Partners and fully preparing them for upcoming trips
- Proactively identifying and communicating potential conflicts that may arise
- Researching key stakeholders and creating materials to help Partners prepare for meetings
- Oversee the management and administrative functions of the office
- Actively design and implement systematic processes to help improve efficiency of the Partners and the day-to-day Operations of the office
- Plan, manage, and execute internal events and special projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience scheduling or managing logistics required
- Exceedingly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Strong nterpersonal skills and a knack for building relationships with stakeholders including internal staff, clients, and vendors
- Confidence and professionalism when engaging with a variety of contacts ranging from client leads to high-level public officials
- Resourceful and independent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Discretion and professional approach to sensitive information
- Experience with Microsoft office and Google Apps required
- Enthusiasm for a team-based work environment
- A sense of humor, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues
The starting salary range is $47,500-$55,000, and will be determined commensurate with experience.
Our benefits include:
-- Smart, funny, passionate colleagues who are leaders in their field
-- Mission-driven clients, bent on changing the world
-- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
-- Flexible work schedules and vacation
-- Generous 401(k) contributions
-- Professional development resources
-- Commuter benefits and flexible spending accounts
-- High-quality health benefits, including vision and dental
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.270strategies.com/careers