THE ACHIEVABLE FOUNDATION
ABOUT THE ACHIEVABLE FOUNDATION
The Achievable Foundation (Achievable) is a nonprofit Federal Qualified Community Health Center whose mission is to provide high quality, integrated care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families, and other vulnerable populations.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with regulatory requirements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Maintain the organization’s general ledger.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Prepare and administer a balanced budget.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all foundation regulations as well as federal and state grants.
- Maintain files for all grants which include award documents, budgets, all reports and correspondence with funders.
- Perform draw downs on grants and submit quarterly financial reports for all federal grants.
- Act as the financial liaison to the Board of Directors, including preparing monthly financial reports.
- Oversee audit and tax functions.
- Coordinate outside activities with outside audit and accounting firm.
- Monitor cost control procedures, appropriate financial compliance, reporting and auditing activities to ensure the financial integrity and viability of the health center and Board-authorized programs.
- Assist in the development of the strategic business plan in conjunction with the overall mission and goals established by the Board.
- Assist CEO in the preparation on the annual operating plan consistent with the strategic plan that includes the scope, budget and timing of projects.
- Remain up-to-date on best practice in non-profit finance, business systems, internal control measures, and state and federal grant guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/MA preferred.
- Demonstrate 5+ years of professional experience with finance and fund accounting (CA 501(c)(3) preferred) for an organization with a $3 M+/year budget.
- Federal and/or public agency grant reporting.
- MS Office Suite required.
- Acts ethically, responsibly, with the utmost integrity and discretion.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience highly desirable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and experience implementing GAAP and strong internal controls.
- Knowledge of non-profit government funded accounting and Uniform Administrative Requirements, cost principles and audit requirements for federal awards.
- Experience with accounting software programs and Microsoft Office is required.
- Knowledge of fund accounting systems, a plus.
- Excellent analytical ability and process development skills.
The Achievable Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Envision Consulting was retained by The Achievable Foundation to conduct the search for their incoming Finance Manager.
APPLY HERE - https://bit.ly/3gQZQHR