1611 Connecticut Ave NW
EdOps is a Washington, DC-based social venture and certified B Corp that is focused exclusively on providing high-value back office services to charter schools. We assist schools with a range of services including finance, student data, and consulting.
We have developed an extensive collection of technologies to drive insights to customers and manage quality across geographies. We are seeking a Director of Technology, which will have many of the typical functions of a CTO. This is a position that will have a lot of autonomy and impact. The Director of Technology will work very closely with the Chief Product Officer, who is also one of the founders.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience. Start date is flexible.
- Oversee Development. Manage development of new and existing products across three product lines at EdOps. We have four core products that are built with a mixture of traditional and cutting-edge technologies. The stages of the development include (1) wire-framing ideas with the Chief Product Officer, (2) developing the specification, (3) managing external developers, and (4) overseeing the quality control process.
- Contribute to Strategic Vision. Help develop a robust vision of the future, leveraging the cloud to automate quality control testing and provide customers with self-service options.
- Develop an Automated Test Suite. Build a platform for testing new and existing products. This includes identifying the right automated testing tool, sourcing quality test data, and developing high value test cases.
- Identify Opportunities to Leverage Emerging Technologies. Identify business problems within the organization, find solutions in the marketplace, and deploy them at the company.
- Manage Security. Identify ways to build upon our existing security infrastructure, including reviewing new offerings from Google and hiring penetration testers to infiltrate our own network.
- Proven experience in software product management and testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Extreme attention to detail and quality
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degrees is a giant plus
- Accounting experience is also helpful
EdOps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter to Josh Marks at email@example.com
Subject line: Director of Technology