Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help change makers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and San Francisco, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are currently seeking an Art Director to work on a variety of accounts whose missions are to promote progressive social change. You will assist teams to produce creative materials that support client communication plans to include branding/logo design, conceptual campaign ideation, print collateral, video and digital executions such as websites, influencer, social media & email campaigns.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about design and creativity in general; and who is able to solve communication challenges with high quality design ideas in a fast and efficient way. The ideal candidate should also feel comfortable handling multiple projects at the same time, being able to organize the time effectively.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a fast learner, ready to understand and implement ways to budget and scope work.
Finally, we're looking for a people’s person; ready and confident to present internally and to the clients as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Work on a broad range of digital and non-digital projects, which can include branding, social media graphics, annual reports, banner ads, print ads, OOH, website design (not coding), video projects including short and long form, and presentations among others.
● Assist in the development of creative concepts & campaign ideas that meet strategic and stylistic direction for communications projects such as case studies, pitches and client presentations.
● Assist in the development of tactics which bring creative concepts to life and achieve program objectives.
● Design printed collateral materials rooted in an understanding of racial, social, and environmental justice, including, but not limited to: fundraising reports, fact sheets, infographics, flyers, invitations, presentations and advertisements.
● Design proposals/client presentations that are consistent with the brand message and are visually impactful.
● Apply consistent use of the Fenton brand in proposals, client presentations, Fenton’s intranet and website and various templates.
● Actively participate in client presentations, presenting the creative work with authority, demonstrating an understanding of how the creative meets the business objective.
● Work closely with a project manager to schedule projects and coordinate production.
● Manage multiple jobs simultaneously.
● Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe and budget.
● Delivers products in a timely fashion to meet set deadlines.
● Oversees and prioritizes work effectively.
● Keeps management in the loop and effectively de-escalates conflicts.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related visual communications field.
● 3-5 years of related experience
● A strong portfolio that demonstrates creative and thoughtful use of ideation, layout, color theory, typography and iconography.
● In-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects and image optimization for web, and other web authoring/motion graphic tools.
● Experience in video post-production including editing, motion graphics / animation, color direction, etc.
● Extensive knowledge of traditional and emerging global social platforms.
● Experience working with various online ad design specs and media requirements.
● Ability to set strategy and lead presentations, effectively communicating creative vision.
● Ability to apply a strategic approach to communicating with target audiences and spurring them to action; to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects at once.
● Strong organization and planning skills, collaboration and flexibility in a team-centered environment.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity…