220 N. Camden St.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant for Advancement
Wingate, a comprehensive, independent and growing university, serves more than 3,600 students in North Carolina. Founded in 1896, the University offers 35 undergraduate majors as well as graduate and professional programs. Wingate is home to the Cannon College of Arts and Sciences, the Levine College of Health Sciences, the Byrum School of Business, the Thayer School of Education and the School of Sport Sciences. Wingate blends in-class exploration with out-of-class application to deliver an uncommon and life-changing educational experience. Nearly one-in-five Wingate undergraduate students is preparing to be a pharmacist, physician assistant, physical therapist or nurse, and 65 percent of graduate students are enrolled in health sciences. Wingate offers six master’s degree programs and three doctoral degree programs. Students are supported by more than 325 endowed scholarships. The University’s motto is “Faith, Knowledge, Service.” View current news and videos at www.wingate.edu.
The Administrative Assistant for Advancement provides high-level support for the Vice President for Advancement and the Office of Advancement. The Assistant must have outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate highly proficient communication and organizational abilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide proactive management and coordination of the Vice President’s calendar, correspondence, and meeting responsibilities
● Work closely with the President's Office to coordinate the President's availability along with the Vice President's travel to events and meetings with individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects
● Maintain contact with major donors to schedule meetings for the Vice President and the President, and assist in preparing materials for these meetings
● Orchestrate all logistics for internal and external events, meetings, campus tours, conferences, and presentations, which includes mailing invitations, tracking RSVP responses, and providing follow-up for select events
● Conceive, design, develop, and execute project plans
● Organize, prioritize, and summarize incoming materials, specially gathered information, special requests, and meeting notes
● Maintain files, records, and reference materials
● Provide database support including the entering of contact reports and tracking communications
● Record and distribute minutes from a variety of meetings
● Deliver exceptional customer service support to internal and external customers
● Provide administrative support for the Office of Advancement including, but not limited to:
○ Ordering office supplies
○ Managing the meeting calendar for the Advancement Office
○ Monitoring the budgets for the Advancement Office; processing budget-related materials
○ Screening incoming calls and transferring appropriately
○ Submitting building maintenance requests as needed
● Assume other duties as may be assigned.
Optimizes Work Processes
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Prior experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant required
● Skilled in project planning and management
● Ability to handle stress and short deadlines and work efficiently while demonstrating flexibility
● Competence in computer software, including information and database systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
● Superior planning, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills to lead multiple initiatives and coordinate diverse tasks
● Ability to be proactive and manage upward
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent phone manner
● Strong work ethic
For additional information and consideration contact PMA Consulting, LLC. Application materials consist of a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references and may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required