1341 G St NW, 5th flr
The Raben Group is a public policy and strategic communications firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make this nation greater and to move public policy in a sensible, humane direction. No other national firm is comprised of majority people of color and LGBTQ individuals, giving us a unique perspective, and a keen urgency, on the pressing issues of our time.
Our talented team brings deep roots in the landscapes of legislation, advocacy, issue campaigns, and organizational transformation. We connect dots, solve problems, and help each of our clients arrive at their own definition of success.
And we always keep our sense of humor.
We’re now seeking an Accounting Associate to support our Accounting Team in accounts payable, expense reporting, month-end close processes and ad-hoc financial operations of the firm and the non-profit organizations we staff. We’re looking for someone who wants to be a true accounting professional, ie a BS degree in accounting or clear career progression in the field, and wants to gain exposure to both for profit and nonprofit accounting. Our top candidate will be kind (we don’t really like jerks), have a sharp intellect (no lumps of dough waiting to be fed everything) and have the interpersonal skills to garner trust with staff quickly. Candidates must be available to start fulltime by April.
- Performs Accounts Payable functions including vendor bill processing and vendor payments for The Raben Group and affiliated nonprofit entities. Ensures all payments are properly approved and paid in a timely fashion.
- Reviews, analyzes, and disseminates monthly credit card outstanding receipt reports. Communicates regularly with cardholders to discuss lost receipts, unusual charges, and questions for receipts greater than 30 days outstanding.
- Process credit card expense reports, ensuring accurate coding and timely submission. Prepare employee reimbursement report.
- Serve as primary administrator for expense reporting software (Concur)
- Communicates and liaises with bank representatives regarding stale-dated checks and electronic deposits. Manages and maintains vendor W-9 payment information and check stock.
- Establishes and maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Supports bookkeeping activities for various nonprofit affiliates, including processing vendor bills, and issuing payments.
- Generates required information for Year-End 990 and Audit completion for nonprofit affiliates.
- Performs month-end closing tasks (e.g. credit card reconciliations, schedule preparation, etc.) to assist in a timely and precise month-end close
- Creates month-end schedules to assure general ledger and supporting journals are in agreement (e.g Accounts Payable, Prepaid Expenses).
- Develops new processes where needed to improve existing processes.
- Provides input into the update of the Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Performs other special projects and duties as directed and assigned.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Some exposure to accounts payable or expense reporting preferred but not required; non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with accounting software and/or expense reporting solution (Concur or similar) preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving abilities required.
- Effective interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills required.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, and cover letter if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No candidate calls please, and no agencies/recruiters.