Jr. Graphic Designer is a position that will be working with copywriters and the interns on new ideas for all assigned channels. The person in this role should hold a range of design skills as well as how that translates to social media pages. The Position is 3 days a week, working 9 AM - 5 PM in your time zone.
Role and responsibility:
- Assist the creative team with day to day creative tasks.
- Create graphics suitable for social media posts and ads.
- The position will entail copywriting for appropriate channels to help build skills.
- Make rapid response images to breaking news.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Provide innovative new ways for clients to engage with breaking news that fits their style and design look.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices.
- Knowledge of all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Creativity - you're able to develop new ideas and find interesting ways to reach our goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or obtaining one.
- Must be a registered voter
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator abilities
- Highly organized, proactive self-starter, deadline-oriented, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent social media pipelines and programs.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of social media platforms and their uses in marketing and advertising
- Social Justice knowledge
- Interested in politics
- Knowledge of Trello and Slack