342 W. Armitage Ave
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Associate Manager of School Programs to maintain the Academic Approach’s client relationships for classroom programs. You will be ideally positioned to build upon our growth if you are a(n):
- Innovator: We understand that all great things start with a groundbreaking idea/strategy and are followed with diligent and collaborative execution and insight.
- Explorer: We relentlessly pursue the knowledge needed to shape and influence student and school performance.
- Problem-Solver: We are dedicated to finding concrete and actionable solutions to the education challenges facing students. We embrace difficulties with optimism and team work.
- Organizer: We prioritize all of our activities around what’s best for students and schools and organize our activities to turn great ideas into reality.
- Builder: We are committed to the success of the mission. We believe nothing should be done without purpose and a focus on the future.
- Collaborator: We collaborate with schools to understand the unique needs of their students so that we may tailor a customized solution to drive their student achievement.
The Position: Associate Manager of School Programs
This full-time, limited term, exempt position’s overall objective is to maintain school client satisfaction, ensure service delivery, and coordinate internal program logistics. The position requires strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills. Work location is the office located in Lincoln Park. This limited term employment opportunity will begin October 1, 2018 and conclude on April 30, 2019 with the opportunity for renewal the following year.
In this position, you will report to the Director of School Programs with the responsibility for ensuring exemplary customer service for our school partners.
As the Associate Manager of School Programs, you will have the following job responsibilities:
- Maintain client relationships from point of sale to implementation of service and program setup
- Coordinate with school administrators to manage all program logistics
- Serve as a liaison between Academic Approach school partners and assigned instructors
- Assist in launching programs to ensure a smooth first day of program delivery
- Collect, analyze, and provide practice test data summaries to schools following test delivery
- Support syllabus customization using practice data
- Collaborate with the School Programs team on various projects
- 20% travel to Chicagoland school partners required
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
The Associate Manager of School Programs position requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching and/or education industry experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of teaching, client support, or customer service experience required
- Flexibility, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Comfort with standardized tests preferred
- Able to sit for long periods of time and lift a box of 20 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
This limited term employment opportunity will begin October 1, 2018 and conclude on April 30, 2019 with the opportunity for renewal the following year. Payment will be a monthly stipend administered twice per month, and hours expectations are 40 hours per week. This role is potentially temp-to-hire. Academic Approach offers competitive and a dynamic, collaborative, growing company environment. Benefits include health, dental, and vision benefits.
Academic Approach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
About Academic Approach
At Academic Approach, we are driven by one mission: to academically support students, families, and school leaders in this ever-changing, never-boring, always thrilling assessment landscape.
Founded in Chicago in 2001, Academic Approach empowers students and educators from all backgrounds and skill levels to succeed both on and beyond college admissions testing. Through our data-driven, skills-based approach, Academic Approach provides high-impact test preparation – both one-on-one tutoring and classroom course instruction – for students, professional development and coaching for faculty, and interim/formative assessments along with in-depth analytics for schools and school districts.
Minimum Education Required