Details: Competitive hourly rate in the $21-$25/hr range, based on experience (average base pay for a full charge bookkeeper is currently $20-$21/hours)
We’re looking for a detail-obsessed and experienced accounting aficionado who digs working with people to join our team.
We love to work with people who are always learning and innovating in everything they do. Our team is made up of self-directed leaders who love supporting our clients and our community.
Elysian Fields is a growing consultancy dedicated to giving ambitious business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
Our bookkeeping service provides a foundation for our clients, and we aim to build strong relationships, providing information, expertise, and clean books to support their success and growth. In addition to bookkeeping, we offer trainings and services focused on a breadth of business development, all with a focus on humans, happiness, and grounded in social justice and a feminist ethos.
We strive to be thoughtful about how we approach our work and lives, and we believe “work-life-integration” is a better framework than balance, and thus strongly believe in structuring our work and jobs in the direction of happiness. We allow for flexibility in work hours, and we regularly take time during “normal business hours” to spend time with family, take a yoga class, or walk in the woods with a friend, and we balance that freedom by showing up 110% when we are at work. As a small and growing company, with some seasonal ebb and flow to our work (we're looking at you, IRS) there will be moments of "all hands on deck", and our goal is to balance those moments with the support to rest and take time off when you need.
This position is equal parts air traffic control, team and customer support, and top-notch bookkeeping. With both our team members and our clients, the goal is one of empowerment and supporting both team and clients to do their best work. Our services are remote and cloud-based, utilizing Quickbooks Online. You will divide your time between a few of your own client accounts, and supporting the rest of the team in managing their accounts.
With a collaborative ethos, you will act as resource and support for your other team members, working together to come up with elegant and efficient solutions and problem solve. With many growth-oriented clients, you will be testing new technology, honing systems, and generally tackling better ways to work with the businesses we serve as an ongoing part of your work. Your role will support the whole team working smoothly, and ensure that our amazing clients have the data they need to support their work.
- Manages day-to-day relationship and performs bookkeeping duties for assigned clients, including communicating proactively with clients.
- Supports multi-person Bookkeeping Team in overseeing workflow and priorities; managing calendar and capacity.
- Resource for Bookkeeping Associates for questions and clarifications on specific client work and on general bookkeeping practices; initiates calls or meetings with BA’s when necessary to resolve discrepancies and work through problematic task.
- Meets with team on regular basis to ensure team feels supported, systems are working, and any yellow flags are being proactively solved.
- Works with team to ensure the highest level of customer service to clients; elevates and addresses bookkeeping client and team concerns and roadblocks. When necessary, works directly with client and client accountants to translate and resolve issues.
- Provides exceptional customer service and responds gracefully and punctually to all manner of emails and inquiries. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal EF team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years bookkeeping experience; full charge experience, preferably in a client-centric environment; current or previous CPA a plus
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks /QB Online
- Team management or supervisory experience
- Ideal candidates have worked with both for profit companies and non-profit organizations; understanding of different types of business models, including those with inventory, a bonus
- Degree in finance, accounting, or business a bonus, but we're happy to hear about any experiences that will support your success in this position.
- Flexible work hours and remote work ability. Preference given to candidates based in the Philadelphia area, but other well-qualified candidates will be considered. We work a flexible 9-5ish as a company.
- Christmas to New Year's work ban. We close the offices and pay our entire team to take the week off.
- Full Time employees receive unlimited paid time off, and option of company health and dental plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references a single PDF document to michelle (at) elysianfieldsphila.com with the email subject line “Bookkeeping Lead!”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. We are looking to fill the position by beginning of May.
Only applications that address the following in their cover letter will be considered:
- Details of your bookkeeping experience, including the types of companies you have worked with.
- Why you are seeking a position with Elysian Fields.
We will notify select candidates for interview.
Elysian Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, or gender or sexual identity.