1611 Connecticut Ave NW
EdOps is a Washington, DC-based social venture and certified B Corp that is focused exclusively on providing high-value back office services to charter schools. We assist schools with a range of services including finance & accounting, human resources, student data management, and charter school start-up. Our goal is to provide schools with a level of professionalism in these areas that they could not achieve on their own, and in so doing allow school leaders to focus more of their time directly on boosting student achievement.
We are looking for a mission-driven and business-oriented individual who excels at working with clients in diverse organizations. The position is ideal for an individual looking to apply business, analytical, and accounting skills in a growing company working to improve public education.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience. Start date is flexible.
The role of the Quality Specialist is to serve as an "internal auditor" to ensure school accounting records and financial statements are GAAP-compliant.
- Review accounting entries and accounting schedules, check for compliance with GAAP and EdOps standards, identify errors to be corrected
- Review monthly reporting tool for accounting and forecast mistakes
- Review monthly client presentations for messaging, tone, and content
- Work with Finance Specialists to correct errors and mistakes, refine presentations, etc.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in a related field
- BA in accounting or CPA, MBA or other advanced degree or certification indicating accounting and finance skill
- Knowledge of GAAP rules and standards
- Extreme attention to detail and quality
- Intrinsic motivation to produce accurate financial statements and high-quality financial reports
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software
EdOps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter to Dan Theisen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Charter School Quality Specialist