440 Park Avenue South
Director of Knowledge and Learning
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- National Team
Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with our nonprofit and philanthropic clients to help them attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
The Director of Knowledge and Learning reports to the Founder and CEO and is an integral member of FMA’s National team. The Director supports the development of a culture of learning both by supporting strategic reflection and building systems and processes that enable learning both internally at FMA and with external audiences.
The Director leads FMA’s theory of change development and provides support to FMA’s growing and evolving practice by working with FMA teams as a thought partner to deliver services that help nonprofit leaders and philanthropy effectively advance their missions.
Implements sector level knowledge dissemination strategy
- Leads efforts to bring FMA’s voice and learning to the nonprofit sector
- Serves as thought partner for colleagues in identifying trends, themes, and insights in FMA’s work
- Partners with delivery teams to integrate knowledge and learnings into training curriculum and capacity building engagements
- Develops blogs, articles and case studies illustrating the impact of FMA’s work
Leads and inspires a culture of learning and continuous growth
- Works closely with FMA delivery teams to ensure that learning is seamlessly integrated into FMA’s work
- Identifies best approaches to organization-wide data collection systems that enable strategy development, analysis learning and evaluation
- Advises on and supports the integration of tools and resources that support firmwide collaboration and communication
Leads FMA’s Theory of Change and program evaluation efforts
- Leads internal design of FMA’s theory of change
- Leads internal and external evaluation processes and serves as primary liaison with external evaluators
- Introduces best practices, tools, and resources to ensure delivery teams are able to monitor their progress towards intended outcomes
- Partners with initiative leaders in program design to maximize impact of FMA’s capacity building work
Delivers consulting services to a diverse portfolio of nonprofit and philanthropic clients:
- Advises FMA delivery teams to broaden consulting services into leadership and organizational resilience
- Supports service delivery for strategic consulting projects or clients that expand FMA’s consulting work beyond finance
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant and progressive experience in the nonprofit and/or philanthropic sector required. Experience in outcomes and evaluation, research and writing within the nonprofit sector, and capacity building, activities required. Experience consulting and advising organizations around strategic planning, leadership development, equity and inclusion, board development, and organizational assessment a plus.
- Strategic thinker: Ability to see big picture and FMA’s role in the sector.
- Comfort with periods of ambiguity: Facilitates constructive participation in ongoing organizational development.
- Adept problem solver with strong analytical ability: Demonstrates an ability to synthesize large amounts of information into a succinct deliverable, navigate through ambiguity and complexity to analyze a situation, and look beyond details to see the overarching goals and results.
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic and attention to detail: Performs at a high level, responding to changing priorities and demands and accepting responsibility for outcomes of work. Delivers consistently high-quality work with minimal supervision and guidance. Ensures the timely completion of assigned projects with varying needs and deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: Demonstrates ability to convey technical information in an accessible way to nonprofit leaders and staff. Exercises confidence and good judgment in interactions with colleagues and clients. Ability to frame information in ways that are accessible.
- Collaborative team player that values diversity of background and approach: Encourages and values team input and works effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and skill sets. Adept at creating a culture of learning.
Position is part of the FMA National team based out of the New York City office and preference will be given to candidates located in the Northeast.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourages people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required