Full Time Temporary
NMR Group, Inc., an energy efficiency consulting firm based in Somerville, MA, seeks temporary employees who live in Rhode Island to assist with data collection for a study of residential homes throughout the state from early April to mid/end of May 2018. The temporary technicians will assist NMR employees with efficiency audits and collect data on lighting, appliances, and other equipment in the homes.
The energy efficiency audits require detailed inspection of all energy features of a home, including building shell (construction and insulation of ceilings, walls, and floors; details of doors and windows), HVAC equipment, appliances, lighting, and electronics.
Data collection will be performed using an iPad, which NMR will provide, along with all necessary tools, training, and safety equipment to complete the audits. NMR will provide technicians with paid training and a rental car to use for work purposes during the period of employment.
Work will typically be 35-40 hours/week. Scheduling is flexible; prefer those who can work Saturdays and at least one evening a week. You will be compensated for travel.
NMR is an employee-owned company.
· Prompt, organized, polite, and responsible
· Clean driving record
· Smart phone for communication with supervisor and co-workers
· 4-year degree
· Must pass background and driving record check and drug testing
· HERS or BPI certification, or experience as a carpenter, electrician, or HVAC technician
· Data collection experience
· Familiarity with tablets/iPads
· Customer service experience
· Interest in energy efficiency and sustainability (a plus)
This position has a 401(k) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please provide a resume and brief cover letter.