Executive Assistant to the President and Director of Administration
- Job posted by The Sheridan Group (DC)
1224 M Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Sheridan Group (TSG) is a well-known firm in Washington, DC offering advocacy services that “help the good do better”. We are looking for a mature professional to serve as personal and professional assistant to the President, and to help manage the overall operations of the firm and its facilities.
If you have experience coordinating and navigating the intersection of an executive's personal and
business commitments, we want to hear from you.
This position reports directly to the firm's President.
- Assisting the President in the execution of daily tasks and long-term projects, including coordinating and facilitating personal activities and responsibilities.
- Managing President’s busy schedule and preparation of daily meetings.
- Monitoring, tracking and facilitating all correspondence for the President through mail, phone, email and social media.
- Planning and coordinating travel, travel itineraries, including international travel logistics, and meeting/event coordination support.
- Coordinating and advance for catering and entertaining for the President and TSG staff, including weekly staff meetings, celebrations, client dinners, development opportunities and political fundraising.
- Tracking and reporting political donations.
- Liaising with the financial team on timesheets, compliance, expense reports and other reporting requirements on behalf of the President, the firm, and facilities.
- Implementing and executing human resource requirements including personnel reviews, files, recruitment, on-boarding, exiting and morale.
- Maintaining files for accountability, tracking for the corporation and facilities, clients and personal.
- Serving as primary liaison to all vendors for the firm and facilities.
- Liaising with the tenants of Aldon (office building) including communications, rent rolls, operational needs, maintenance requirements, repairs, renovations, lease negotiations and physical plant.
- Managing space planning and office environment initiatives as well as routine, pre-emptive, and seasonal building initiatives.
- Administrative support for TSG team including meeting logistics, agendas, advance materials, events and project tracking.
- Ordering, monitoring, reviewing and storing supplies for the office and the building.
- Assisting the Intern Coordinator in monitoring and supervising interns.
- Responsible for making sure the office environment is organized and clean.
- Responsible for mail and phone coverage.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- BA in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years executive office experience in a law firm, association, non-profit, or lobbying firm.
- A high level of tact and discretion, superior communication skills, the ability to keep pace in an energetic environment, a proactive approach to work and problem solving, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are required.
- A polished and professional demeanor, a sense of humor, and an interest in advocacy.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment, and be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as comfort and proficiency with office technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working on the Hill is preferred, but not required.
This is a full time, exempt position; professional salary and generous benefits package provided; salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume.