The Hatcher Group, a full-service communications and marketing firm, seeks a skilled Proposal and Capture Manager to oversee capture planning, and coordinate the development and submission of proposals for our clients, including nonprofits, foundations, and federal and state government agencies. In this role, we are looking for a person who can manage our business development life cycle process and supporting marketing outreach. The Proposal and Capture Manager will be responsible for coordinating with potential partners, scope definition, development of marketing materials, identifying opportunities, and implementing winning strategies.
The ideal candidate will be able to take an opportunity from capture decision to contract award. They must fully grasp the requirements of federal, state, and non-profit RFPs to lead effective and winning technical and pricing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support pipeline development, identification, and tracking (via CRM tool) of new opportunities across different agencies and organizations.
- Responsible for vetting opportunities, advising on the likelihood of winning, and providing competitive research.
- Implement and own the process of developing a proposal from a go/no-go decision through submission.
- Scour RFPs for make-or-break requirements — deadlines, contacts, page limits, format, attachments, notarizations, and delivery specs.
- Ability to manage a capture team to submit winning proposals: Identify and communicate resource needs for proposals and effectively manage proposal timeline.
- Work with capability leads and finance team to develop a pricing strategy aligned with the technical proposal and meets the RFP requirements.
- Review proposals for compliance and to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Track and update proposal language, past performance information and staff resumes, including narrative and administrative information.
- Maintain the proposal tracker to capture information such as proposal values, win/loss, and evaluators’ feedback.
- Support Hatcher senior leadership with execution of call plans for opportunities with target clients and/or industry partners.
- Represent the firm at marketing conferences, events, and build awareness of procurement in target areas.
- Lead the development of marketing materials to support the firm’s business development activities.
Qualification and Desired Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in leading capture management and proposal development
- At least 3 years of Federal contracting experience required
- Expertise in all aspects of contract types (e.g. time and materials, firm-fixed-price, etc.)
- Proficiency in creating high-impact PowerPoint presentations desired and detailed experience with CRM tools
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Excellent writing skills