Details: Hourly wage DOE, starting at $26 per hour
Jubilee Event Engineers
Job Announcement: Event Lead
Posted: May 15, 2018
Learn about Jubilee Event Engineers at www.jubilee-seattle.com. We produce fundraisers, conferences, festivals, concerts, weddings and parties of all sorts in collaboration with our clients throughout the Seattle metro area and beyond. Our clients include dynamic non-profit organizations, businesses and corporations, and private clients.
Jubilee Event Engineers seeks an experienced event production superstar to join our dedicated team. AsEvent Leadyou will direct and fulfill a wide range of duties for each project. Your focus will be on working with our non-profit and corporate clients. You may be asked to work on a wedding once or twice a year too, but please note this is mainly NOT a wedding planning position.
· Project management, including building and maintaining timelines, building budgets, managing contact lists, overseeing planning processes, and ensuring all benchmarks are met by multiple players.
· Production tasks including administrative support, research, vendor management and contract negotiation, stage managing, event design, décor design/build/installation, sourcing materials, basic graphic design & managing print jobs, storytelling and scriptwriting, promotions . . . and everything in between.
· Coordinating with event contacts and clients for each project, including meetings with clients and vendors. Leading teams of collaborators in a fast-paced environment.
· Supervising volunteer teams and event-day staff.
A strong candidate will --
… have a proven track record of successful project management including managing a timeline, tracking deadlines, and collaborating effectively with a team.
… demonstrate sensitivity in communicating with clients from a wide range of backgrounds, and show skill at communicating with and supervising people who are in a range of emotional states (including effective communication with clients who need help managing the stress of their ‘big event day’).
… have a passion for world-changing and a familiarity with the basics of non-profit organizational structure, non-profit development and fundraising skills.
… demonstrate stellar communication and collaboration skills in person, email, text and phone.
… follow the news, and have awareness and comfort talking about current cultural and style trends and political events.
… be a bad-ass self-starter and amaze us with how organized you are.
… show talent and confidence in writing and editing.
… have basic math proficiency for building project budgets.
Additionally, we value candidates who –
… are skilled at social media.
… have an eye for and an interest in visual design, graphic design and print and web publishing.
The ideal candidate will be fabulous, creative and LOVE TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.
This is an hourly position. Hourly wage DOE, at a starting wage of $26 per hour. Hours will fluctuate seasonally as low as 25 hours/week, as high as 50 hours/week with an average of 30/40 hours/week. Must be available to lead events on weekends and evenings, including many late night shifts and holiday weekends throughout the year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
1. A cover letter, indicating your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
2. Your resume, including information about event(s) you have managed or produced.
3. A photograph from an event you have managed or produced and an accompanying document listing the following information:
a. The venue
b. The type of event
c. Your role in the project
d. The date of the event
4. Two professional references
Please email the above materials by June 1, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.