Senior Analyst, Impact Real Estate or Analyst, Impact Real Estate
- Job posted by High Impact Financial Analysis, LLC
Details: Commensurate with experience
255 Orange St.
Use your finance skills for the greater good. Take a leadership role in a growing socially-responsible company that helps the finance industry support community development across the U.S.
High Impact is hiring a full-time Senior Analyst, Impact Real Estate (minimum 6 years of experience) or Analyst, Impact Real Estate (minimum 3 years of experience) for its Albany, NY office to help it deliver underwriting, financial analysis, and general consulting services to its diverse client roster. We facilitate the development of affordable housing, charter school facilities, commercial real estate, and other community-driven projects by assisting non-profit lenders, foundations, government entities, and other mission-focused financing organizations.
As Senior Analyst or Analyst, you will lead underwriting on loans within your areas of expertise (for example, multifamily housing or educational facilities). You will underwrite directly and assign component tasks to the Junior Analyst, and you will interact directly with the client and borrower. High Impact is a small, entrepreneurial company, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the direction of the company as it continues to grow. The position is ideal for:
- Experienced commercial real estate underwriters interested in impact finance
- Underwriters at CDFIs or banks who are ready to lead projects
- Analysts at real estate developers interested in lending and community impact
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits + profit share
Experience: Minimum 3 years, 5-8 years preferred
Travel: Occasional (3-6 times per year)
This position will handle projects like the following:
- Underwriting a $5.0 million loan for a 300-seat early care center serving a bilingual population in Maryland.
- Performing a financial analysis of a nonprofit housing developer and working with their CFO to get your questions answered.
- Helping a community development lender refine its lending policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Time management. This position will manage multiple projects at once.
- Quality writing. Communicating effectively in writing is essential.
- Friendly, professional demeanor. You will manage relationships with lenders ranging from emerging loan funds to national, industry-leading Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs).
- Analytical expertise. A critical eye and talent for analysis is key, as well as competency in Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail. This position will submit work directly to clients and must not rely on heavy revisions from senior staff to reach a quality work product.
Why Work for High Impact?
- Use your finance skills to benefit at-risk populations in the U.S.
- Join the high-growth impact investing industry
- Work on projects around the country—from Los Angeles to Boston & Florida to Washington
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be rewarded for driving growth
- Professional development and reviews quarterly—we care about your career
About High Impact
High Impact helps lenders build and maintain high-performing community development portfolios. We believe that lending responsibly and with purpose can transform disadvantaged communities, create opportunity where hope is missing, and empower the everyday citizen to be an impact investor. We serve impact lenders around the country who finance affordable housing development, charter schools, commercial real estate, and small businesses in underserved areas. High Impact has underwritten over $175 million of community development loans all over the U.S. since its founding in 2014, and we have seen strong growth year after year as we establish ourselves as the standard of excellence in community development finance.
Profit share, 5% match to 401(k), health, vision, and dental insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 30, 2018. High Impact will respond to all applicants by April 20, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you.