Details: Negotiable, depending upon experience
2009 NE Alberta St
We’re seeking an ambitious leader with proven business development expertise, and a passion for delivering compelling client value, to join our team.
You are a self-driven leader, obsessed with getting to the next level of growth by leading and managing an integrated marketing, sales and account management team. Building new relationships inside global brands and philanthropies is your superpower. You know how to create the perfect pitch, you can craft high-value opportunities for clients all day long, and you easily bring them along with compelling presentations.
More importantly, you’re not a solo flyer. You’re a collaborative leader and mentor. You know how to shape your team’s business development strategy, bring the most out of every contributor in the sales cycle, and land day-to-day results that matter.
You understand the value of building a well-oiled business development machine that continually attracts strategic prospects, supports account managers to deliver high-value work, and optimizes the lifetime value of every client—equally important, you have the acumen to build it. You thrive on being held accountable for organizational goals and can effectively drive team accountability in a manner that inspires optimum performance. You ask tough questions, recalibrate your team when needed, and bring a confident point of view to your work. You are values-driven and expect any place you work to be the same. Your leadership style is about providing your team with clear expectations and the support/mentorship needed to unleash their best work.
Integral to this role is the ability to grow your team’s expertise and results through effective leadership and accountability, while also rolling up your sleeves to close sales and nurture high-profile relationships.
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals through successful management and integration of marketing, sales and account manager teams
- Implement best-practices to generate leads, nurture prospects and manage sales opportunities
- Contribute to the evolution of our firm’s business development methodology, infrastructure and acumen
- Develop and deliver on a strategic vision for our accounts
- Mentor and coach account managers as they develop client relationships on the ground
- Forecast revenue goals and capacity demands
- Inform and shape service offerings
- Inspire and foster a high-performing culture of growth, from lead generation to closed sales to renewals
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences, and secure key meetings at such functions
- Participate in thought leadership activities and marketing strategy
- Work with CEO and management team on operations and company strategy
- Strong and proven background (7+ years) in business development, ideally within creative services, consulting and/or professional services industry
- Management experience leading and growing cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to identify a potential client, quickly land a compelling pitch and forge strong working relationships
- Natural intuition and an ability to sense what motivates each team member and take clients on career-defining experiences
- Full commitment to the Context Partners mission and team
- Strategic thinker who can manage multiple teams effectively, evaluate problems and display sound judgment
- Proven ability to motivate, engage and work collaboratively at all levels, despite ambiguity
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data, including sales forecasting and growth opportunities
- Executive-level presentation skills in small and large groups
- Flexibility to travel as necessary, up to 40%
We’re proud to offer a generous benefits package to full time team members including: competitive salaries and profit sharing; medical, dental and vision coverage; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401k with employer contribution; cell phone service reimbursement; professional development allowance; flexible spending accounts; paid parental leave; and generous paid time off including a full week office closure over the Christmas holiday.
Our team unplugs twice each year for in-person, offsite retreats. We take this time to strengthen our team relationships, play together and dig into compelling topics that help us do our best work each and every day. As a certified B Corporation, we strive to offer an emotionally healthy, intellectually satisfying and financially supportive work environment that encourages a broad point of view.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In order to be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter please address in 350 words or less: “Why are you uniquely qualified for this position?”
Candidates who seem to be a good potential fit will be contacted.
Context Partners is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, committed to diversity and consideration of all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability status.