Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. FMA provides nonprofits, foundations, and social enterprises with financial and operations management expertise, guidance and tools. We partner with our clients to help them attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
Based in our Chicago office, the Consultant is an integral member of FMA’s Consulting and Advisory Services delivery team. The Consultant works in a team-based environment with a portfolio of nonprofit and foundation clients to help them develop high-quality financial management and operational practices. Our consultants have the opportunity to build the capacity of a community of organizations leading social change. Our team works with leaders who are building the skills and confidence of youth, fighting against racial and gender inequalities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Additionally, the Consultant provides support for FMA’s growing and evolving practice through new product development, training initiatives, and knowledge management.
Works as part of FMA project teams to deliver high-quality services to a diverse portfolio of clients. Sample client engagements may include:
- Providing guidance and analytical support around financial trends, modeling, and planning
- Researching and drafting reports and actionable recommendations
- Designing new business processes
- Supporting implementation of financial systems and practices
- Developing curriculum and facilitating workshops in training initiatives
Serves as primary contact for select client engagements: Develops effective working relationships with appropriate client personnel, anticipates client needs and is proactive in proposing solutions.
Participates in new product development and other firm activities: Assists in research and content development for products and services.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience required; MPA, MBA or related master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Adept problem solver with strong analytical ability: Demonstrates an ability to synthesize large amounts of information into a succinct deliverable, navigate through ambiguity and complexity to analyze a situation, and look beyond details to see the overarching goals and results.
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail: Performs at a high level, responding to changing priorities and demands and accepting responsibility for outcomes of work. Delivers consistently high-quality work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: Demonstrates ability to convey technical information in an accessible way to nonprofit leaders and staff. Exercises confidence and good judgment in interactions with colleagues and clients.
- Collaborative team player that values diversity of background and approach: Encourages and values team input and works effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Experienced Excel user: Comfortable using a wide variety of tools in Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas, graphs and formatting.
- Proactively manages their workload: Ensures the timely completion of assigned projects with varying needs and deadlines.
- Professional experience in the nonprofit sector and/or financial management strongly preferred. Knowledge around government funding a plus.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume and cover letter via https://fma.applytojob.com/apply
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourages people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required