2040 Bancroft Way, Suite 400
Informing Change is looking for a Research Project Assistant to join our growing team. Informing Change’s strength comes from our team-based approach: you would be joining an organization of individuals who draw on one another’s diverse skill sets, perspectives, and expertise to turn data into insights and action for our clients. Learning is intrinsic to everything we do, whether alongside our clients, with one another, or in individualized professional development. We challenge one another to go deeper, think further, and be better—all pursuits that we support through a company culture that enables your work to affect meaningful, positive change in our communities.
Who We Are
Informing Change is a strategic learning firm of 16 (and growing!) individuals, united by the core belief that learning through data is essential to guaranteeing a healthy and just society for all people, now and in the future. Our mission is to help our clients—nonprofits and the philanthropic organizations that fund them— learn about the change they’re making and determine whether it’s the change they ultimately want. Over the courseI of our 20 years in business, our core values of intelligence, integrity, compassion, and the pursuit of social justice have guided everything that we do.
Who You Are
You have two or more years of work experience. This position provides a solid foundation for exploring a career in the nonprofit and consulting sectors, as well as pursuing a graduate degree in the future.
As a Team Member on multiple projects spanning our content areas, you:
- Support quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis (e.g., scheduling and preparing team for interviews; uploading and coding interview transcripts; cleaning survey data; coding open-ended survey items; entering data)
- Program and administer online surveys
- Conduct literature reviews and secondary research
- Create visual displays of data (e.g. graphs, charts, illustrations)
- Support project managers in administrative aspects of projects (e.g., notetaking, invoicing, calendars and timelines, maintaining project folders, arranging travel)
As part of the company’s system of support, you:
- Provide office support (e.g. answering phones, assisting staff, maintaining a clean office)
- Participate in internal staff meetings and serve on internal teams (e.g., Assistant team)
- Proofread, edit and format client deliverables and business development products
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality:Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ethics:Treats all people with respect and sensitivity; inspires the trust of others; upholds organizational values of intelligence, integrity and compassion.
- Adaptability:Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Dependability/Responsibility:Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; maintains confidentiality; takes responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments; completes tasks on time or works with supervisors to determine an alternate plan.
- Initiative/Motivation:Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; looks for creative solutions; asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or four years of experience performing this position’s requirements)
- Two or more years of work experience in similar or related positions
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and adapt when project work unexpectedly shifts or changes
- Strong customer service skills, oral and written communication skills and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail to ensure quality of project work; accuracy and consistency are essential
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative and work independently as well as in a team-based setting
- Ability to work under the direction of multiple managers with diverse management styles
- Proofreading and formatting skills
- Ability to follow through on commitments and exhibit dependability and consistency
- Experience with SurveyGizmo or other online survey programs
- Experience with data analysis software such as NVivo and SPSS
- Experience producing graphic depictions of information (e.g., charts, diagrams, graphs)
- Experience working with philanthropic and/or nonprofit organizations
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits; voluntary 401(k) plan
- Exempt, full-time position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cover letter and resume required.
Informing Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Racial minorities and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.