Are you a digital marketer looking to implement highly strategic and innovative marketing programs for meaningful non-profits like Special Olympics? Do you value comprehensive, integrated strategies that take full advantage of a range digital channels, including email, search, display, mobile and social media? If yes, we’d love to meet you!
Interactive Strategies is a full-service digital agency based in Washington, DC that has quickly established itself as a leading fundraising shop. We’ve partnered with amazing clients including Special Olympics, Red Cross, Wilderness Society, Defenders of Wildlife, American Kidney Fund and Environment Defense Fund, to name a few. Our clients wanted to explore an agency that has new ideas in digital fundraising; an agency that brings strong creative and digital storytelling to an industry that had become staid; an agency that leverages multi-channel, multi-touch strategies to bring strong improvements in online engagement and ultimately, money raised.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly focused and capable of working at a strategic level while simultaneously executing on a tactical level. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in digital fundraising, email marketing and analytics. The person in this position will be involved in the growth of our entire marketing department, so we are looking for a candidate who is able to lead by example, while providing instruction and education to other team members.
Talent and passion matter more to us than years of experience, but here are the abilities we are looking for:
- Develop and deploy impactful email strategies and campaigns that leverage best practices and dynamic new tactics.
- Work within the marketing team to track, analyze and develop meaningful reporting for clients and proactively recommend next steps based on past performance.
- Collaborate with our design and content teams to develop creative concepts and campaigns that attract and engage.
- Create comprehensive and integrated digital marketing strategies on multiple media channels that engage our clients' audience and lead to successful conversion goals (donations, lead generation, etc.).
- Optimize digital fundraising campaigns to maximize ROI across channels.
- Develop conversion driven paid media campaigns and execute the day-to-day management.
- Conduct audits of our clients' digital marketing efforts to determine past performance and set benchmarks for future efforts.
- Evaluate emerging tactics and techniques. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption as appropriate.
- Build strong client relationships through effective communication and project management.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field.
- 2-4+ years of email marketing and/or digital fundraising experience.
- Experience creating effective conversion driven strategies and campaigns that map marketing activities to steps in the user journey/funnel.
- Experience building and deploying segmented email marketing campaigns with some working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience working across a variety of email marketing platforms and technologies.
- Proven experience creating effective targeting and running paid campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Doubleclick and other media channels that support a variety of goals and conversion objectives.
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.)
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Strong analytical, entrepreneurial and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- We strongly prefer this position to work out of the Washington DC office, but we are open to this being a remote position.
Qualities you bring to the table
- Strategic. You understand that a strong digital marketing program is rooted in deep research and a thoughtful strategy.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and produce search strategies and campaigns that engage, motivate and inspire.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that canny ability to always think one step ahead and see where the world is headed.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or making client presentations.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You work well with the team and appreciate feedback. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.