District of Columbia
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you
Arabella Advisors is looking for a customer service focused IT Generalist. This role performs the ongoing day-to-day maintenance of the company’s computer, communications, and network systems; providing general and technical support assistance to users of the company's local, wireless, Internet and Intranet networks, telephone systems, and all related computer and software programs; ensuring the company's systems are operating in a secure and stable manner; and for monitoring and verifying the various systems’ backups.Essential Responsibilities
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
- Manage relationships with IT contractors and vendors
- Setup and maintain all corporate PC’s and network related equipment
- Orientation of new staff to IT systems
- Serve as primary escalation point for outsourced managed service provider
- Maintain up to date system documentation
- Provide staff training and outreach related to optimum system use
- Assist with IT needs for office expansions and relocations
- Produce IT support reports and metrics
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Associates Degree in a technical/related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Highly detailed and organized
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing servers and proficient with networking and firewalls
- Proficient understanding of Windows client and server operation systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in Office 365
- Experience working with ticketing systems
- Experience working with PC imaging systems
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Certification a plus
- Sharepoint experience a plus
- Familiarity with IT security best practices
Our Core Competencies:
- [Service Excellence] Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal clients, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, and to suggest effective internal client-centered solutions when escalating challenges or concerns
- [Project and Task Management] The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- [Stakeholder Management] Asks questions and actively listens to stakeholders to understand their perspectives and the big picture
- [Communication] The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally to various audiences over various mediums
- [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- [Continuous Learning] An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- [Resourcefulness] The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solution
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and
networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours
of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.