7640 Kercheval Ave
Are you driven to improve the life of others and contribute to the community? Do you get satisfaction from supporting others in their desire to help themselves? Do you enjoy working collaboratively and have a high degree of respect for your team?
At The Empowerment Plan our team lives these values every day. As we continue to grow and evolve we seek someone to join our team in servicing our community and beyond.
The Empowerment Plan is a Detroit-based non-profit business that employs individuals experiencing homelessness to manufacture a coat that converts into a sleeping bag and is distributed to the homeless.
The Empowerment Plan offers full-time, transitional employment so that each individual can gain financial independence while acquiring skills on the job. The organization provides educational support, financial literacy training, counseling, and communication and professionalism workshops to help our employees succeed personally and professionally.
The ideal person will:
- Desire to work for a non-profit and enjoy supporting others.
- Be detail oriented and methodical.
- Uphold standards and enjoy maintaining systems.
- Be able to self manage and prioritize and complete tasks as expected.
- Be fiscally responsible and use all resources effectively.
- Be a strong problem solver.
- Be mentally quick and analytical.
- Deadline driven
- Be able to work autonomously
- Be accountable
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Transactional Accounting including AP & AR
- Support activities such as procurement, payroll and facilities management
- Supporting The Empowerment Plan Team
- 2+ years in an accounting role
- Exposure to AP and AR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply at https://asi.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34