The 270 Team
270 Strategies is a public engagement firm. We partner with our clients to build winning campaigns and put their ideas into action. We believe that the best way to engage people in the 21st century is to integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with sophisticated digital strategies, effective communications, and a data-driven approach.
In short: we help campaigns, causes, and companies reach their goals by engaging, inspiring, and mobilizing their target audiences in authentic ways -- both online and offline.
We are committed to diversity among our staff, and deeply believe that our continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
THE ACCOUNTANT JOB
Working directly under the Sr. Accountant, the Accountant will have full ownership of the bookkeeping, accounts payable, and accounts receivable cycle and related functions. The desired candidate must be inquisitive with strong attention to detail. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and deadline driven environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. The ideal candidate is a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a startup setting.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
- Record transactions in accounting system accurately and efficiently
- Support the Sr. Accountant during the reconciliation process
- Reconcile corporate credit cards, as well as organize supporting receipts and approval
- Increase efficiencies through process improvements
- Generate financial reports and analysis, as needed
- Perform audit and tax support, as needed Support Operations Director with the management of our client data within our CRM and time tracking system.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND ACCOUNTS RECEIVEABLE
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable cycle
- Accurately and efficiently process vendor bills and contractor invoices
- Work to resolve vendor bill and payment inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Coordinate weekly check runs, wire payments, and ACH payments
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Produce monthly financial statements for the leadership team
- Support Sr. Accountant with weekly financial reports for management
- Manage payroll and employee reimbursements
- Pull travel booking reports and track spending and billable expenses
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Maintain detailed fiscal records Identify trends and budgets within organizations and proactively provide cost-saving suggestions
- Partner with business leaders in Client Services and Operations teams to ensure appropriate pricing and operations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field1 to 3 years accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in Intacct (plus)
- Understanding of both cash-based and accrual-based accounting
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive attitude and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter at www.270strategies.com/careers
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.270strategies.com/careers