Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Indego General Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA warehouse headquarters (Kensington Neighborhood)
Bicycle Transit Systems is a national leader in urban bike share implementation and operations. With the most experienced team in the industry, Bike Transit Systems brings a data-driven approach to the planning, implementation, and operation of bike share programs. We pride ourselves on creating close partnerships with our municipal clients and delivering highly successful programs to the cities we serve.
Bike Transit operates 4 bike share systems in the US: Philadelphia’s Indego (1000+ bikes / 125 stations); Los Angeles’ Metro Bike Share (700 bikes, 70 stations); Las Vegas’ RTC Bike Share (180 bikes, 21 stations) and Oklahoma City Spokies (50 bikes, 8 stations). We are a growing company right in the middle of this exciting, growing industry. Bicycle Transit Systems seeks to build a sales and promotions team for events throughout the Indego service area. Individuals in this role will help sell passes, encourage bike share trips, promote the Indego brand, and be an advocate for bike share as a viable option for transit and recreation among all Philadelphians.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative, yet highly analytical and detail-oriented, Marketing Manager to develop and execute the strategic marketing plan for Indego, with a focus on pass sales and retention as well as increasing ridership equitably. Indego’s customer-base represents one of the most diverse and equitable of US-based bike share programs. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring that marketing and sales strategies align with the system’s diverse customer-base and embraces social equity practices. This person will also be part of a coordinated and passionate team dedicated to the overall success of Philadelphia’s bike share program and will work closely with program managers at the City of Philadelphia as well as Indego team members responsible for marketing initiatives, social equity programming, web development, field operations, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the Indego strategic marketing plan; use data to closely monitor and measure marketing tactics.
- Plan and execute promotions, partnerships, and sales programs to grow pass sales, ridership and revenue, and increase visibility of the bike share system.
- Execute effectively on equitable marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan with an emphasis on digital communication; leverage advanced technology to strategically deploy digital communications.
- Maintain strong relationships among multiple system stakeholders, including the City of Philadelphia, Indego passholders, Indego’s title sponsor Independence Blue Cross, and other local partners.
- Manage and develop sales & marketing budgets; track marketing expenses.
- Track and analyze membership, retention, sales and other data to evaluate the efficacy of promotions and campaigns. Make data-informed decisions to adjust tactics and promotions, as necessary.
- Coordinate closely with technical, operational, and community outreach teams, and the City of Philadelphia.
- Identify and foster productive new sales programs, channels, and partnerships; conduct administration of programs, as necessary
- Ongoing strategic planning, in coordination with City clients and other partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- At least five years proven success in sales & marketing or related field.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Experience in membership-based organization or with digital marketing highly desirable.
- Experience with marketing to diverse communities and low-income customers preferred.
- Event marketing (from concept to planning to execution) experience preferred.
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and problem solver: Creative mind, analytic skills, strategic thinker, yet can get “hands dirty” in all aspects of marketing bike share.
- High comfort level with ambiguity and entrepreneurship a must.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage up and laterally.
- High level of emotional intelligence, poise, and judgment.
- Calmly adapts to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Applications and ability to learn new software.
- Valid driver's license; able to pass driver screen.
- Interest and enthusiasm for bike share.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Passion for bikes, efficiency, or sustainability a plus.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
$53,000-$57,000 annually commensurate with experience, plus benefits including health care.
Type of Position
Minimum Education Required