1250 H St NW
At Rising Tide Interactive, we’re using digital media to change the world, and we want you to join us. We’re looking for a Proofreader/Editor with at least 2 years of proofreading and copy editing experience to join our team.
This position will review written materials drafted for a diverse group of high-profile candidates and non-profits, as well as organizational marketing materials, to ensure the highest editorial and quality assurance standards are met. The ideal candidate will have an impeccable attention to detail and a strong grasp of grammar and writing fundamentals. Familiarity with political and/or campaign writing a plus, but not required.
This is a full-time, salaried seasonal position and would end on November 15, 2018. Candidates must be available for some evening and weekend hours, especially between August 1 and November 6, 2018. Exact schedule is TBD, but hours will likely be non-traditional (e.g., 11–7 PM Eastern).
Rising Tide Interactive is a full-service digital marketing firm based in Washington, D.C. We’ve helped elect Democrats up and down the ballot, worked with some of the nation’s most prominent labor unions and progressive advocacy groups, and raised millions online for our clients. Some of our clients have included Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, the American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate, House, and gubernatorial candidates. We’re a team of smart, fun, digital-savvy people who care about electing Democrats and aiding progressive causes.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing written copy for accuracy, grammar, and typos
- Conducting thorough QA of outbound content to ensure the highest standards are met
- Ensuring all rounds of edits have been incorporated into final products
- Gaining a familiarity with our clients’ many voices and styles to ensure brand consistency across copy
- Managing editing workflows and processes to ensure seamless delivery to clients
- Communicating edits effectively with colleagues
- Working with senior management to develop and refine editorial processes for client products and organizational materials
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills required:
- Thorough understanding of editing best practices and grammar
- Professional experience as a proofreader/copy editor or other position where ensuring clean copy was a core function of the role
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to turn around review and provide edits in a timely manner
- Available for evening and weekend work, as needed
- Desire to work for Democratic candidates and progressive non-profits
- Experience with political or campaign copy a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 samples of edited work to email@example.com with the subject line PROOFREADER/EDITOR, and please tell us where you heard about the job!
No calls please.