Have you written pieces that raised boatloads of money for nonprofits? Do you know which turn of phrase will persuade constituents to keep reading, take action, and change the world? If that’s a yes, then we invite you to apply — Sanky Communications is looking for an experienced fundraising copywriter to join our creative team (remotely). This is a temporary gig from May - July but with the potential to become full-time.
The Copywriter would:
- Write awesome copy for our nonprofit clients
- Collaborate closely with other copywriters, designers, and strategists to create successful campaigns
- Be able to collaborate with clients
- Conduct interviews and review background to collect the best source material
- Be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced agency environment with multiple deadlines
- Bring a can-do attitude to creative messaging for clients ranging from animal shelters to social justice organizations
Copywriting responsibilities include:
- Email marketing for nonprofits (Apply the fundamentals of getting users to open and respond to emails)
- Social media marketing (Within character limitations of various social channels, craft motivating messages
- Search engine marketing (Use best practices to create attention-getting ads and corresponding landing page copy)
- SMS + Chatbots + who knows? (Be open to learning and evolving your copywriting skills in an ever changing technologically-driven environment)
- Communicate effectively including when working remotely using Basecamp, Zoom, Slack, and email)
- Join client meetings, pitch ideas, and brainstorm copy strategies to meet goals
Desired skills, experience and traits:
- 3-5 years professional fundraising and advocacy copywriting experience; able to produce samples
- Ability to collaborate closely with designers
- A can-do attitude and an unflappable attitude for managing multiple deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a collaborative, remote-working environment — even when that environment is spread across the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Experience writing for science, research, and health institutions
- Familiarity with G suite apps, Basecamp, and Slack
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing and fundraising for nonprofits
- Basic understanding of layout design for print and web
- The ability to shrug your shoulders and rewrite when asked
Salary will be based on experience . If the candidate is hired for a regular, full-time role, compensation will include benefits: health, dental, 401k, and free Citibike membership.
Tell us in one or two paragraphs why you think the Copywriter position is the right fit for you (feel free to impress us with your persuasive writing skills!) Please include your resume and two fundraising email writing samples and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temp Fundraising Copywriter” in the subject line.