10201 Martin Luther King Jr. Hwy, Suite 270
Mayson-Dixon Strategic Consulting is partnering with a large human services agency in the mid-atlantic to help revitalize their fundraising operation. Our firm seeks a capable nonprofit fundraising professional who will serve as account lead.
This position serves under the Vice President of Fund Development but will operate with a high degree of independence, keeping supervisors informed of progress on projects and assignments and unanticipated issues that may arise, and making recommendations for actions and solutions in support of our client. Completed work is reviewed for soundness of overall approach and conformance with company standards and expectations.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Managing and coordinating fundraising projects on behalf of our client. These may include: direct mail, events, phonathons/call time, campaigns, personal appeals, donor prospecting and research, board management, and more.
- Working closely with client and MDSC in establishing and creating themes, goals, deadlines, lists, content, and collateral as needed.
- Prospecting, establishing, managing, growing, and leveraging relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals from whom funds are sought on behalf of our client for various campaigns, programs, and projects.
- Managing relationships with client to establish and ensure clear communication practices, set appropriate expectations and work successfully with staff and stakeholders.
- Reviewing internal processes of client organization and its staff, including adherence to industry best practices.
- Providing evidence-based recommendations that bring our client in line with industry standards.
- Researching potential partnerships with similar organizations and affinity groups.
-Excellent presentation/communication skills
-Excellent interpersonal skills
-Excellent writing skills
-The ability to ask people for money
-A desire to take initiative and the ability to do so
-The ability to work independently
-An ability to work in both Baltimore and Bowie regularly
-Willingness to travel locally as needed during the work day
-The ability to learn quickly
-Creative skills and experience in producing innovative deliverables
-Familiarity with technology including but not limited to:
- CRM/Fundraising Database
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet research tools
-Impeccable organizational skills
-Evidence of stick-to-it-iveness
-A bachelor’s degree
Mayson-Dixon offers a competitive salary and benefits, plus the opportunity to join an exciting firm undergoing expansion. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send, in separate PDF documents, a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com. Please write MDSC NPO Development Associate in the subject field.
- Comprehensive health insurance including vision and dental
- Generous leave policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not mandatory.
Minimum Education Required