The Deputy Director combines the dynamic roles of strategic planning and innovation, as well as operational planning and follow-through. The Deputy Director is key to ensuring successful and high-quality Head Start classrooms throughout the program. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional leader to be part of a national team and play a key role in leading a growing organization that has tremendous impact on Head Start children.
The Deputy Director systematically collects and analyzes data as the basis for decision making for program improvement to accomplish the following actions.
- Provides individual and group support for early learning and disabilities staff in implementing educational initiatives and coaching
- Oversees planning and implementation of comprehensive, differentiated and sequential professional development for education staff
- Plans and oversees on-boarding of teaching staff, Early Learning Coaches and Disabilities/Mental Health Coordinator.
- Supervises, collaborates and coordinates all Head Start service area leadership and oversees initiatives to ensure that the following are met:
- Timely and appropriate support for children with atypical needs
- Family education and outreach activities are consistent with education goals and activities
- Family engagement and health and wellness efforts are well executed and aligned with promoting children’s school readiness and healthy development
- Comprehensive health and developmental screenings and follow up completed within timeframes set by Head Start Performance Standards and executed according to program’s Integrated Service Plan and policy and procedures
- Systems for monitoring, self-assessment and program management fully executed to assure program’s ongoing quality improvement
- Consistently contributes to both the partner’s and Shine Early Learning’s professional excellence through productive leadership and participation in:
- Grantee planning and leadership
- Shine Early Learning network leadership and collaboration
- External community relationships (LEAs, CBOs, higher education, NHSA, state agencies, policymakers)
- Ensures fiscal management by monitoring expenditures.
We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive salaries, generous paid time off and the ultimate reward of using your talents to build a better future for children, families and the community.
Minimum Education Required