Details: Salary and benefits competitive for entry-level position
1820 N. Fort Myer Drive
Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development consulting firm for non-profits, has a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized associate with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as Habitat for Humanity, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s executive search practice helps non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRi has an opportunity for an exceptionally organized person who thrives in fast-paced environments to join its executive search practice as Candidate Stewardship Associate. This Associate is trusted to manage all logistical aspects of client-candidate interviews for multiple ongoing searches for high-level executives. The Candidate Stewardship Associate serves as a highly organized, efficient, and attentive external face of DRi, delivering clients and candidates what they need on quick deadlines, with unfailing attention to detail, and with an unflappably supportive and friendly demeanor. Through this process, the Associate will help guarantee positive outcomes in specific searches while cultivating long-term client and candidate relationships that are essential to DRi’s ability to support the non-profit sector.
For the right person, this position is a unique opportunity to develop critical career skills, including the ability to:
- Be a confident representative to high-level leaders and staff, including CEOs, Executive Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Make wise judgments in a fast-paced business environment.
- Orchestrate a long-term process that requires the input and coordination of people in various roles from multiple organizations.
- Handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Foster effective working relationships with people of different temperaments and needs.
The Candidate Stewardship Associate’s more specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Attend and participate in executive search client calls and on-site meetings.
- Work with clients to Identify, secure, and disseminate a candidate packet that engages, informs, and prepares its users.
- Coordinate and/or assist in scheduling and booking travel and accommodation arrangements between clients and selected candidates.
- Compose interview packets for clients, which may include the creation of interview questions, ranking and rating documents, and other materials specific to the search/ client.
- Conduct reference checks and background checks on finalists and prepare reference reports to facilitate clients’ decision-making.
Candidate Cultivation and Stewardship
- Serve as a primary point of contact for candidates from the moment they are selected to meet with clients to the moment a search ends; includes being available for questions, concerns, debriefs, and logistical problem-solving.
- Coordinate the completion of the candidate packet, including information form and candidate questionnaire.
- Conduct regular check-ins with search candidates to keep them engaged with and enthusiastic about the search process and client.
- Communicate with candidates not moving forward in the search process.
- Order placed candidates’ first-day congratulatory gift and coordinate 6-month and 1-year follow-up.
- Work in tandem with the full executive search team to ensure candidates move through the search process according to expected timelines.
- Coordinate with the CEO’s and COO’s assistants to properly steer candidates through the search process.
- Coordinate with the Communications Associate to manage the calendar of document creation, approval, and delivery; serve as a back-up writer as needed.
- Coordinate regularly with the sourcing team about candidate flow, applicant volume, and candidate quality; become able to suggest potential candidate to sourcers.
- Help ensure the successful close of searches, including filing of the final offer, communications with unselected finalists, publication of placements, and thank-you mailings to references.
- Secure and track the submission of documents in DRi’s database and records.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of work experience. Candidates must demonstrate all the skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced team-based culture, including exceptional organizational skills, an efficient approach to challenges/tasks, an ability to take direction in an evolving environment, and a willingness to contribute proactively to collective goals. Experience in a client-facing role is particularly useful.
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers an intimate team-based environment in which all of our 10 staff members have an immediate working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive away across the Francis Scott Key Bridge).
We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage, and a $100 monthly travel reimbursement is available either for parking or public transportation. DRi employees also receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums in a plan that provides full coverage throughout the DMV area. New employees receive 13 paid days off as well as 10 company holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online: http://driconsulting.com/position/candidate-stewardship-associate-dri/