Full Time Contract
1250 H St NW
The Video Production Specialist works with the creative team to shoot original video on-location and edit that footage in post-production. This position is a part-time, independent contracted position that works remotely on an as-needed basis. This position requires a flexible schedule and travel across the US.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate on-location video production, including logistics, filming, lighting, editing, sound, and output compression
- Traveling to shoot locations across the US
- Assembling shooting schedules; coordinating your own travel and equipment (own equipment or are able to coordinate renting equipment)
- Ability to set up and manage a small video shoot independently or piggy-back off a prepared TV firm’s shoot set-up to shoot content for digital video
- Manage all aspects of the video creation process from participating in planning/storyboarding to final product edits like color correction and sound editing
- Identifying best locations for shoots within set parameters
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of the entire production process (pre-production, production, post-production)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Studio
- Knowledge of YouTube, Vimeo and rapidly evolving digital landscape
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Experience translating concepts into workplans and deliverables
- Professional demeanor; ability to work well with people at all levels and ability to navigate relationships with other creatives
- Flexible availability including nights and weekends
- Ability to turn around projects and respond to edits quickly
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a professional video editing/producing environment
- Experience shooting direct person-to-camera videos
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience working with political candidates
- Interest in progressive/Democratic politics
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide was founded in 2011 to bridge the divide between the digital and progressive political communities. Since then, we’ve worked with top-tier clients like Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate and gubernatorial candidates.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your demo reel of video projects you have led or substantially contributed on to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line VIDEO SHOOTER/EDITOR, and please tell us where you heard about the job!
No calls please.