Office Clerk/Administrative Assistant Position
- Job posted by Shute Mihaly & Weinberger of San Francisco
396 Hayes Street
Shute, Mihaly & Weinberger LLP, a San Francisco green-certified business, is a mid-sized, socially and environmentally progressive law firm in Hayes Valley. We offer a friendly work environment in converted Edwardian offices. The firm primarily represents public agencies and community groups in land use and environmental matters. For more information about the firm, please visit our website at www.smwlaw.com.
The firm has an opening for a full-time Office Clerk/Administrative Assistant, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. The candidate will perform a variety of clerical duties, lunch-time and back-up reception coverage, and administrative support to Accounting/Records Coordinator and Paralegal. Please read the ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION before responding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Administrative assistance to Accounting/Records Coordinator and Paralegal, including typing and formatting documents, data entry, document management and other special projects as required.
· Clerical duties including filing, document organization.
· Receptionist back-up during breaks
· Assist Accounting/Records Coordinator with electronic filing system and preparation of documents for off-site storage.
· Errands including supply runs, stocking office supplies and filing documents at local courts/agencies.
· Conflict check coordination: preparation, distribution, and reporting.
· Mail: Addressing envelopes, postage, mail and FedEx drop-off.
· Various other related clerical duties such as: maintaining logs of deliveries and incoming checks; regular collection of shredded documents.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
· Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Prompt; dependable.
· Ability to work well with a diverse group of attorneys/planners and staff.
· Enthusiastic and open to learning new skills.
· Flexible—occasional overtime may be required.
· Handle/lift objects on a regular basis that may weigh 25 pounds or more.
· Prior office or law firm experience a plus.
· 1 year receptionist experience a plus.
Reports directly to Firm Administrator. May get day to day direction and feedback from Accounting/Records Coordinator, Paralegal, and Firm Administrator
Typical office environment with multiple stairways and some exposure to noise, dust and the like.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It should not be constructed as an exhaustive statement of the job’s essential functions, responsibilities and requirement.
This is a busy professional environment, yet relaxed and somewhat informal.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please email your cover letter, current resume and a list of three current references to Janessa Cooks, Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes sent WITHOUT cover letters or references WILL NOT be considered. No phone calls please.