Are you passionate about helping foster children and families? Then, now is an excellent opportunity to join an ethnically and culturally diverse team of multidisciplinary professionals. Unity Care Group (UCG) has a wide-range of rewarding positions serving underserved foster youth and families in Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Placer Counties.
UCG is a community-based, non-profit youth and family development agency. Founded with the goal of developing educational and social programs to enrich the lives of at-risk youth, Unity Care’s mission is to provide quality youth and family programs for the purpose of creating healthier communities through lifelong partnerships. Our goals are to provide safe, secure, and positive living environments; educate and support underserved youth; and prepare young people to pursue professions in which minorities are chronically underrepresented.
Regional Program Director
As the Regional Program Director – Bay Area, you will provide administrative oversight for housing, mental health and community-based services delivered in the San Francisco Bay Area region. The Director oversees operational management of the Unity Care’s programs ensuring high quality effective youth services across Bay Area Counties.
- Ensure high quality clinical services for youth & emerging adults (TAY) in Unity Care’s housing program.
- Provide direct supervision to full-time staff within Unity Care’s regional services.
- Provide clinical oversight, compliance and supervision.
- Serve as the agency clinical resource and head of services where required.
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed, goals and objectives are met, and services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Working with county departments to grow housing and clinical services across program regions.
- Participate and lead 3-Year PropelNext initiative for evidence-based practices.
- Oversee selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of staff.
- Represent Unity Care with a variety of public, business and community groups and organizations, fostering collaborative working relationships
- Maximize county contracts, staff productivity and program occupancy.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and trainings to discuss business, youth issues, and service delivery.
- Complete all required program documentation and provide direct program support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or CEO.
- Master’s degree in Behavioral or Social Sciences.
- MFT and/or LCSW preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with client populations in the social service field. Some experience must have been providing case management services.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising, managing, and evaluating staff to achieve the mission of an agency and its program objectives.
- Understanding of ethics and compliance standards as related to mandated reporting HIPAA, professional boundaries, and risk management.
- Knowledge/skills/abilities in transition age youth unique needs and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Experience with conflict resolution, team building & staff training.
- Skilled in planning, implementing and managing residential/housing and/or mental health programs.
- Adept in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community partners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices applications.
- Ability to get CPR and First Aid certificate within 30 days of start date, and maintain a current certificate
- Must clear a Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check including fingerprinting before start date and maintain clearance
- Must clear a health screening, including TB before start date and maintain clearance
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and maintain a clean driving record.
We maintain a collaborative learning environment where people are challenged, grow, and have fun. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off, health and dental benefits, and 403b contribution.
Unity Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unity Care Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.