Impact by Design (IbD) is seeking a passionate and ambitious Associate for our Social Science & Research client projects to enhance IbD’s capacity to help mission-driven teams and organizations achieve their greatest impact. This position will provide project-based support in all stages of research initiatives (both qualitative and quantitative); project management; data-driven behavior change campaign design and the design of other conservation, environmental, and animal welfare communications initiatives; and training and meeting facilitation.
With a fast-growing portfolio, IbD is looking for an Associate to help us consistently and effectively deliver on client needs. This role is critical for IbD’s success by helping to deliver high-quality processes and materials, and by building strong relationships and confidence with varied and dynamic teams.
This full-time position will be based remotely, and we are looking for U.S.-based candidates.
What you will do:
We have a diversified portfolio of projects and clients, so your daily activities may vary but will include:
- Supporting the development of project deliverables that are executed to the highest standard, which may include:
- Assisting with drafting, proofing, and editing of client reports, presentations, and documents
- Setting up basic data dashboards
- Conducting desktop research
- Coordinating, conducting, transcribing, and analyzing qualitative interviews
- Basic analysis of qualitative and quantitative survey data
- Drafting assessment plans, research questions, and data collection methodologies, and providing data collection support
- Cleaning data and sample size tracking for projects
- Coordinating translation and transcription needs
- Managing research incentives
- Writing IRB applications
- Coordinating with reviewers and tracking feedback
- Providing writing support for campaigns, communications initiatives, and environmental interpretation projects
- Research, evaluation, and monitoring support for client projects, which may include research design, qualitative data collection and analysis, quantitative data collection and analysis, and results reporting and visualization.
- Project management support for client work, in collaboration with project leads.
- Participating actively in IbD team meetings to plan and deliver client work products.
- Sending internal and external communications such as project updates, meeting agendas, responses to client requests or questions, coordination, and scheduling.
- Supporting client cultivation through intake calls, proposal development, and contract development.
- Working closely with project teams to support the design and facilitation of meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Documenting client successes, learning moments, and testimonials to support IbD business development.
Who we are looking for in this position:
- Mission-Driven: You have a genuine passion for mission-driven organizations that support animals, people, and nature; You want to use your skills to help others thrive in their work and achieve their goals.
- Empathetic: You are considerate of people’s feelings in the context of behaviors and decisions; You are able to recognize emotions in others, and understand other people's perspectives on a situation in order to support them through challenges.
- Curious: You get excited about what’s possible and possess an ability to execute novel ideas; You are comfortable asking questions, surfacing challenges, and seeking support from team members; You have a learning mindset and enjoy creatively solving problems and testing out new concepts.
- Flexible: You do not mind when things change, and you are willing to adapt while still keeping regular work on track; Working with people is fun for you, but you are also motivated and driven when working alone and in a home office.
- Organized & Efficient: You are able to plan, organize, and monitor work in support of a project; You understand the project lifecycle from intake through completion and how to work within an estimated scope of work.
- Credible: You are personally committed to quality when it comes to delivering support and materials.
We are looking for someone who has the skills, insights, motivation, and attitude to make IbD an even better organization by providing key project support. Candidates need to have demonstrated practical experience in work related to conservation, animal welfare, or the environment. You might have a degree in natural sciences, psychology, sociology, or marketing, or practical experience in the nonprofit sector, perhaps in wildlife conservation, natural resources management, environmental education and interpretation, or animal welfare. This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
We are most interested in candidates who demonstrate that they will thrive at IbD and be a genuinely good fit for this work through the following requirements:
- Masters in a relevant field with experience in conducting research that used both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Skills in SPSS, R, or another similar quantitative data analysis program
- Experience in qualitative data analysis techniques, such as coding
- Basic knowledge of ethics in data collection and data management
- Experience in interpreting results, writing reports, and presenting results
- Basic skills in survey and interview protocol design
- Microsoft Office Suite of products and Google Apps at an intermediate or higher skill level
- Highly collaborative and eager to work as part of a team, but also a self-starter who can work independently
- Focused and able to work effectively from home and through remote meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Why Impact by Design?
We are a growing organization that is committed to supporting nonprofits focused on conservation, animal welfare, and the environment. We believe that by helping nonprofits be their best, we can help make the world a better place. Our working environment is dynamic, transparent, fun, curious, and supportive, with a focus on our core values which underpin all of our efforts. Find out more about Impact by Design and read our values here.
All staff members at Impact by Design work remotely – we do not have an office. We offer flexibility and an opportunity to work in a self-directed environment.
This is a full-time, exempt position with annual opportunities for salary advancement within the role. The salary is $48,000 annually. IbD offers a competitive benefits package including unlimited vacation, 401k, and reimbursement for healthcare costs.
Impact by Design is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment that allows all team members to thrive; we believe this is essential to achieve our Mission. Learn more about IbD’s Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity Employment.
Applications will be accepted through November 5, 2021. Impact by Design is an equal opportunity employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are not able to explore work with candidates outside of the U.S. at this time.
We would like to see your traditional resume, but do not want a traditional cover letter. Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following questions in 500 words or less (total), and then submit all materials as a PDF or Word document to email@example.com.
- Please tell us why you have decided to apply for this position with Impact by Design.
- Other than your technical skills and experience, what makes you great at what you do?
- Given your review of the application and description of Impact by Design - what is one strength will you apply right away and one skill you hope to learn or develop if you are chosen for this position?
Visit https://www.impactbydesigninc.org/associate-social-science-research for more information.