1801 Research Boulevard
(c) Management Inc. is an association management company with 19 oncology related clients. The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) is the largest, national client that serves to provide education and advocacy for the multidisciplinary team.
The Senior Writer/Editor position requires advanced writing and editing skills that include the ability to translate complex clinical and advocacy issues into clear, concise prose accessible to a multidisciplinary audience of healthcare professionals—both clinical and non-clinical. The Senior Writer/Editor creates original content as well as providing rewriting, substantive editing, and copyediting for a variety of internal and external clients. This position calls for experience in translating complex medical/clinical information into content that is accessible to a diverse multidisciplinary audience. The Senior/Writer Editor provides writing and editing support for content that includes, but is not limited to, op eds, press releases, reports, white papers, articles, proceedings, websites, blogs, posters, and other print and digital collateral. Responsibilities include writing and substantive editing of deliverables for clients and projects relating to education projects, meetings, policy, and membership. The Senior Writer/Editor will report to the Senior Manager, Editorial.
In addition, the Senior Writer/Editor assists the Senior Manager, Editorial with strategic curation and repurposing of existing materials, and with planning, support, and coordination of cross-platform content for both the corporate and client websites.
Excellent writing, editing, communication, and organizational skills are essential to creating content for a multidisciplinary healthcare audience and to manage simultaneous projects and competing deadlines. Most projects require cross-departmental collaboration as well as frequent contact with healthcare professionals. Some travel to attend meetings and make author contacts may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes, rewrites, edits (substantive and copyedits), a variety of deliverables, including print and online for internal and external clients.
- Provides editing/writing/proofreading support for the client’s bi-monthly journal as needed.
- Under direction of the Senior Manager, Editorial, assists department director with press releases and other external communication vehicles, including enewsletters as needed.
- For client national meetings, workshops, education programs, and submits edits/writes blog posts, prepares session summaries and reports as needed.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Editorial, assists with public relations copywriting including articles, award entries, speaker proposals, and presentations.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager, Editorial, to develop and update blog calendar, content, author assignments, and follow up.
- Assists Senior Manager, in developing and maintaining a functional content calendar that is shared with the team.
- Updates, writes, edits, and curates website content as needed.
- Monitors news sources for potential website content.
- Under direction of the Senior Manager, Editorial, assists with client’s online communities, including monitoring posts, organizing library content, curating deidentified posts.
- Participates in new product development.
- Copyedits and proofreads articles for a variety of communication products.
- Works with client committees as assigned.
- Actively participates in assigned CORE Group.
- Provides assistance and support for other CMI activities, staff and clients to maintain an informed, efficient, and timely workflow.
The ideal candidate will possess a B.A. in Communications, Journalism, or English. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in medical/health writing and editing, project management, and writing for digital media. Some knowledge of oncology and healthcare policy, a plus. Familiarity with Chicago style and proofreader marks. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, experience with a CMS, and aptitude for learning other digital platforms as needed. Ability to work well with multiple staff, clients, and vendors to meet deadlines, handle a diverse work load, and to produce high-quality materials. Communicates effectively with team members, as well as healthcare professionals including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, administrators, and vendors. Demonstrates creative abilities and initiative in collaboration with other staff. S/he should be team oriented as well as have the ability to work independently.
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required