Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If you are an ambitious Technical Project Manager, have a passion for developing people and believe strongly in fair trade principles, we need you!
Web Essentials is a digital products & services company with expertise in web applications, websites and other digital tools for a diverse client base ranging across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. We are committed to making a positive social impact on the lives of Cambodians by providing employment, mentorship and training to Cambodian technology graduates.
Collaborates closely with our clients, technical leadership, developers and Sales Team to design creative technical solutions to problems, while delivering on commitments through project leadership for several clients to ensure a successful outcome and maintain customers in strategic markets. This role is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Takes responsibility for product and project vision
- Leads projects for several clients which includes management of strategy, budget, scope, risk, timeline, quality, technology, people and resources to ensure a successful outcome
- Works independently and with other technical team members and partners as needed to explore and design products, technical concepts and strategies based on relevant technologies and current and future internal capacity
- Prepares specific or range estimates in terms of function points and design to a realistic and profitable quotation of hours for new and existing projects
- Collects and implements technical (functional and non-functional) requirements, creates backlogs; continuously prioritizing user stories for implementation
- Leads requirements engineering workshops and focus groups for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures that all key decisions, feedback, questions and/or issues with customers have been thoroughly researched and communicated
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to team members and clients and resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Understands basic revenue models and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
We expect that you'll already have these:
- 4+ years comparable work experience in an ICT or technology-driven business environment
- Understands and can design complex system architectures with multiple components
- Can independently write a technical requirements specification or a technical concept
- Demonstrated project management, business analysis and leadership experience
- Can produce high-quality documentation and reports in English
- Native-level Khmer language skills and ability to communicate fluently in English in both written and spoken form and present confidently at all hierarchical levels
- Experience in Scrum and other Agile methodologies, as well as advanced technological approaches such as microservices architecture a plus
- Passion for technology, continuous improvement and looking at problems with a solution-oriented, creative mindset
- Demonstrated track record in leading technical projects with an ability to coach the team technically while being able to speak to a client in a way they can understand
- Experience managing diverse customers including Cambodian government ministries, NGOs and international organizations
- Quality-oriented mindset and focus
- UX/ UI Design experience a plus
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced production environment, with a high-energy, proactive style
- Sound financial judgment and decision-making ability; highly proficient in organization and planning
- Willingness to work in an international team and support our social mission
What to do next:
Reach out to us at www.careers.web-essentials.co with an application that demonstrates how you meet our criteria and your motivation for joining us as we grow and continue to develop capacity within Cambodia.
Interested candidate, please submit a CV and Covering Letter stating your expected salary and earliest possible start date via mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.