Details: Salary and benefits: $45-65k depending on experience.
1440 G Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AKB Strategies, a boutique communications and government affairs consulting firm working with progressive non-profit organizations, trade associations and local governments, is looking for an Associate who is a strong project manager, communicator and has experience implementing successful grassroots and advocacy campaigns.
The Associate’s primary responsibility is day-to-day coordination of a grassroots campaign to expand patients’ access to quality healthcare. The Associate will manage campaign plans, produce written campaign materials, coordinate communication with stakeholders, and help cancer survivors tell their stories through earned and social media. The Associate position will require experience with outreach and mobilizing for campaigns; excellent writing skills; and strong media outreach and social media skills. An ideal candidate has experience in health care public relations and is an independent, innovative and driven individual.
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Work with cancer patient/survivor advocates to understand and capture their stories for use online and on social media, in op-eds and other owned content
- Coordinate multistate earned media campaigns that include pitching local reporters, opinion editors, and building relationships with healthcare media
- Develop and oversee campaign timelines and editorial calendars while tracking earned media hits in print, online, and broadcast
- Research to support and develop campaigns
- Draft campaign and outreach materials, press releases, talking points, action alerts, campaign reports, and stakeholder communications
- Develop content and manage the day-to-day strategy and execution on social media and the campaign website
- Measure website and social media analytics and use that information to provide strategic recommendations
- Research and compile materials needed for meetings, calls, webinars, reports and other activities
- Manage campaign databases
- Communications support for other clients, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience in advocacy, communications, campaign organizing or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong outreach and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple work streams
- Tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Competency in web content management, WordPress, Google Analytics and social media.
- Passion for progressive issues
- Knowledge of healthcare issues (desired)
Salary and benefits: $45-65k depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: AKB Strategies Associate
AKB Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.
Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required