9 Hamilton Place
M+R is looking for our next Associate to join one of the best firms in the business to work on cutting-edge online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. You’ll be helping progressive, public-interest nonprofits like Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, American Cancer Society, and Red Cross recruit online activists, influence public policy, raise money online, and deepen relationships with their supporters.
- Have one to three years of digital marketing experience and be looking to learn online advocacy and fundraising from the ground up.
- Want a job where you'll continually be challenged and grow your skill sets;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Are a numbers person and a words person;
- Can code basic HTML by hand (not using a program or tool);
- Have an acute attention to detail and don’t drop the ball;
- Are no stranger to hard work and do what it takes to get the job done;
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, including speaking up when you think there's a better way to do something;
- Understand how to work in a team and love collaboration;
- Solve problems creatively and thoughtfully;
- Have been known to turn a phrase and want to develop compelling online campaigns;
- Can crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results;
- Feel passionate about changing the world and think technology has a big role to play;
- Are kind, friendly, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital campaigns for clients;
- Manage eCRM technology such as Salsa and Convio to code email communications in HTML;
- Run queries and create client reports to track email messaging, advocacy campaigns, membership recruitment, and return on investment;
- Execute A/B testing plan, to optimize campaigns;
- Pull and analyze data and help draft memos on campaign results;
- Help draft action alerts, social media copy, and other creative materials;
- Manage paid online advertising and other email list growth initiatives;
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients;
- Wrangle teammates at all levels to keep your teams running smoothly.
- Do your part to help M+R run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
The Fine Print
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
9 Hamilton Place, Boston, MA
1101 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
To apply, use the link on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks:
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three weeks vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To see a full job description and apply, follow the link.
No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview: