Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If you are an ambitious Software Developer, have a passion for developing people and believe strongly in fair trade principles, we need you!
Web Essentials is a digital products & services company with expertise in web applications, websites and other digital tools for a diverse client base ranging across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. We are committed to making a positive social impact on the lives of Cambodians by providing employment, mentorship and training to Cambodian technology graduates.
The Software Developer, as part of a Scrum Team, in pairs or independently, is responsible for developing and testing technical solutions and contributing to the team, to deliver a quality product that meets the client's requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Understand the technical concept and the client requirements to ensure delivery of a high-quality technical solution
- Identify system deficiencies, recommend and implement solutions
- Give accurate or rough estimations and point out dependencies between issues
- Provide quality work output in line with estimates and specifications
- Write clean code to ensure consistent delivery of high quality code to the standard expected within the team
- Do peer code review and provide constructive feedback
- Provide automated tests and collaborate with Quality Assurance developers (QA)
- Contribute to manuals and/or technical documentation of implementation and configuration
- Collaborate effectively with other team members, whether as part of a Scrum Team in an Agile environment or in smaller groups
- Be able to write user stories
We expect that you'll already have these:
- Experience in one or more of the following: PHP, Laravel Framework, NodeJS, Java, Spring framework, .NET
- Knowledge of (cloud) databases - GraphQL, Postgres, MongoDB and Neo4j, Microsof SQL server
- Understanding of SQL commands, basics on ORM and how to backup and restore a database
- Basic understanding of QA processes and tools for Unit, Functional, Integration, System and Performance testing
- Practical experience in Microservices Architecture a big plus
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiency
- Satisfactory level of English communication
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with clients and interpret their needs to technical details
Interested candidate, please submit a CV and Covering Letter stating your expected salary and earliest possible start date via mail email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.