Details: high-60s / low-70s
Firefly is looking for a skilled Full Stack Developer to join our team in developing custom WordPress theme and plugin solutions for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of WordPress development standards, best practices, and object-oriented PHP.
As a WordPress full-stack developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining our clients’ custom WordPress themes and the occasional premium themes
- Developing and maintaining custom WordPress plugins that often include Salesforce and other third-party API integration
- Collaborating closely with our development team, designers, and project managers to deliver high-quality solutions to our clients
- Working to agreed upon development plans and within approved budgets
We expect you to have the following skills and expertise:
- Three or more years of experience in developing and maintaining custom WordPress plugins using object-oriented PHP
- Understanding of security best practices, including when and how to use WordPress function to validate, sanitize and escape data
- Three or more years of experience building or assisting with the maintenance of well-organized, custom WordPress themes that rely heavily on custom fields, custom post types, and well-organized theme functions
- Implementing plugins when plugins are ideal (and knowing when they aren’t)
- Experience working with third-party APIs, including Salesforce
- Using Git in a team environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in nonprofit software. The majority of our nonprofit work is in Luminate Online, but we also develop in Engaging Networks, Classy, and other platforms that our clients use.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Work experience in a fast-paced agency environment
All candidates must submit a portfolio of past projects with code samples or GitHub/BitBucket links.
Firefly Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and aim to create an inclusive culture. Firefly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by law.
We contact candidates about open positions via an HR software tool (BambooHR). Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to keep us out of your spam!
Firefly offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- Ability to earn additional paid vacation based on length of employment
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Firefly pays 70% of healthcare premiums for staff and 50% of dependent premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 10 company holidays annually
- Complete office setup to do your best work from your home office
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you’re interested in this position, please submit an application with a cover letter and resume. Make sure you tell us why you’re the right person for this role and for our company. (Hearing this from you is really important to us!)