Informing Change is looking for a Senior Associate to join our team. Informing Change’s strength comes from our team-based approach: you would be joining an organization of individuals who draw on one another’s diverse skill sets, perspectives, and expertise to turn data into insights and action for our clients. Learning is intrinsic to everything we do, whether alongside our clients, with one another, or in individualized professional development. We challenge one another to go deeper, think further, and be better—all pursuits that we support through a company culture that enables your work to affect meaningful, positive change in our communities.
WHO WE ARE
Informing Change is a strategic learning firm of 14 people united by the core belief that making meaning out of good data generates knowledge that can be used to accelerate progress toward equity. We combine the power of data with deliberate, inclusive meaning-making processes. We are guided by our values of intelligence, integrity, compassion, and the pursuit of social justice.
We partner with our clients—nonprofits and the philanthropic organizations that fund them—to develop their strategy and understand their impact. Whether we are conducting an evaluation, building organizational capacity or researching a field, we work to share knowledge with organizations so they can make informed decisions about the ways they support and lift up their communities.
At Informing Change, we don’t simply accept or ‘tolerate’ difference. The quality, creativity, and integrity of our work depends upon it. We are committed to hiring people of color to reflect the communities we serve. We value staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who support an environment of belonging. As a company, we act in service of racial and intersectional equity acknowledging that we will always have more to learn. Our work is only as good as the benefits we bring to clients and their communities. We are seeking team members who are committed to building a shared, inclusive, and fair culture.
WHO YOU ARE
You have at least seven years of experience working in the social sector on organizational development, racial equity and strategy projects. You will complement a team of professionals with various expertise and strengths.
Here are the hats you wear in this position, often at the same time:
As a Strategic Thinker, you:
• Draw on a deep well of content knowledge (e.g., in the areas of education, youth engagement, health, philanthropy, or leadership development) to explore the social sector’s most pressing question: Is what we are doing making a positive difference? Your content expertise orients this quest; your perspective and insight drive it.
• Your curiosity compels you to challenge your own thinking. You are not afraid of being wrong and you are open to changing your mind.
• Engage in rigorous, empathic, and critical thinking.
• Partner with organizations to improve their equity performance.
• Provide facilitation and guidance for organizations.
• Write reports and findings with intention and clarity, and conceptualize visuals to tell the story behind the data.
As a Business Developer, you:
• Listen well, ask good questions, and consider things from others’ perspectives in order to understand what will be most understandable and persuasive.
• Present to clients and groups with comfort and ease.
• Contribute your expertise to designing new client projects and writing proposals.
• Nurture client relationships and spark new ones.
• Incorporate your vision for the work you want to do into the context of our broader goals and aspirations.
As a Team Leader, you:
• Know how to listen to your colleagues.
• Recognize team members’ strengths and their opportunities for growth; you set them up for success and know how to bring out their best.
• Comfortable managing up, down, and across team roles. This role supports and reports to the company’s co-directors.
• Contribute your ideas and energy to our company as we evolve to meet the future needs of our field.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• At least seven years of professional experience managing and conducting organizational development and/or strategic consulting projects, preferably for philanthropy, nonprofits or a similar consulting firm
• Advanced degree or relevant experience in education, public policy, public administration, public health, sociology, anthropology, or a related discipline
• Experience using information for purposes of problem-solving and decision-making, preferably in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors
• Experience with one or more of the following: coaching, community engagement, participatory research, or facilitation
• Experience supervising staff and leading teams
• Ability to travel locally and nationally
• Fluent Spanish speaker in written and verbal communication
• Deep connection to local or regional communities of color
• Native Spanish speaker.
• Experience in designing research projects, and collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data.
• Experience in evaluation and applied research projects.
• Experience in project management.
• Salary commensurate with experience and aligned with similar consulting firms in the social sector.
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits; voluntary 401(k) plan
• Exempt full-time position
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support affirmative action and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sexual or gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We strongly encourage persons from all backgrounds to apply.
Informing Change is looking for a Senior Associate to join our team. Informing Change’s strength comes from our team-based approach: you would be joining an organization of individuals who draw on one another’s diverse skill sets…
• To apply, send a resume and cover letter via RecruiterBox.
• No calls please. Positions open until filled.
• To apply, send a resume and cover letter via RecruiterBox.
• No calls please…