MZA Events is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Systems Administrator. MZA is seeking a full-time employee to serve all MZA offices; Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco. The position can be based in either Los Angeles or New York but would include travel to the other offices during event campaigns.
MZA Events is an innovative and detail-oriented event production and fundraising company. We seek to produce every event and campaign with integrity, efficiency, precision, and passion. MZA Events has produced hundreds of fundraising events, generating more than $500 million for our clients and the communities they serve. Each fundraising campaign is distinguished by the attention we give to every detail of development and production.
Location: Los Angeles or New York
Status: Full-time, salaried, beneffited
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. with some flexibility on start and end times if located in California.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator is the first line of response for IT troubleshooting and is responsible for company software and hardware maintenance. The Systems Administrator will take over all aspects of configuration and maintenance of our computer systems, maintain IT-related inventories and records, oversee company and event websites, and administer CRM software. Candidates for this role need to be extremely well organized and thrive on processing a high frequency of requests in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the Corporate IT team for MZA Events, this candidate will wear many hats and gain valuable hands on experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Act as administrator for RallyBound accounts and process questions, issues and concerns
- Administrator Windows Server infrastructure, firewalls, databases, anti-malware/anti-virus software and perform other systems related tasks
- Update webpages and maintain quality control of event and organization websites
- Supervise the maintenance of the digital media archives
- Develop IT knowledge-based articles, manuals and trainings for staff
- Coordinate off-site internet connection capabilities and maintenance at event venues
- Oversee Paperless Sign-In at events, which includes: ensuring collection of materials, training of volunteers, laptop set-up, monitoring volunteers and participants
- Act as primary contact for Charity Dynamics and Chorus Connect (Facebook and mobile app vendors)
Qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of system administration experience
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 (MCSA)) is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of information security best practices
- Fluency in Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with RallyBound, QuickBooks and Sage ACT, a plus
- Knowledge of PowerShell, HTML and/or Python
- Ability to respond to service desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Interest in fundraising and social change
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Systems Administrator" in the subject line.