District of Columbia
Senior Analyst - Database Analysis and Visualization
(Washington, DC Area)
About Community Science:
Community Science provides an integrated approach to building the capacity of organizations and institutions to develop healthy, just and equitable communities. Our greatest strength is the study of community and system change. Our mission is to develop the knowledge necessary to address social problems in a way that benefits all communities. We answer evaluation and research questions using state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative methods.
Our services include research and evaluation as well as capacity-building products and services such as consultation, training, webinars, applications, and guides for practitioners.
The Senior Analyst position is located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Our office is in Gaithersburg, MD.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Analyst to conduct online database design, development, analysis, and visualization tasks. We will rely on your knowledge, skills, and experience to develop online and other databases to help organizations across the country assess and improve their cross-cultural competence, obtain technical assistance on evaluation and other topics, create and manage databases to help communities and public agencies address a variety of social problems, and collect data for use in research and capacity building projects. This person will play a pivotal role in launching new lines of company products and services.
- Master's degree with an emphasis on statistical analysis training;
- Minimum 2 years of data analysis experience (familiarity with STATA is a plus);
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in using SQL Server or other relational web based database management system language and software (MS ACCESS proficiency is a plus);
- Minimum 1 year experience in using Tableau software for visual analytics;
- Experience in using on-line survey tools (e.g. Qualtrics);
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Web site development experience is a plus;
- Detail oriented, dedicated, responsible, self-motivated, team-oriented, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required; and
- Ability to attend to detail and meet strict deadlines
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.
~ Creating Social Change with Knowledge ~
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.