Details: Salary range is approximate; we want to great people with a variety of levels of experience
11 Park Place Floor 3
Join a small, dynamic team that's setting a new bar for software and services in the world of New York State Medicaid.
Relevant makes care coordination software which is used to care for patients with complex needs, primarily within New York State's Medicaid Health Homes program. Our software platform is used by hundreds of care managers, at dozens of non-profit organizations, to care for tens of thousands of patients every day.
In addition to software, we provide administrative, billing, and technical services to support our Health Home customers. The Program Associate will work directly with our customers and other constituents, contributing to the ongoing improvement of our Health Home software and service offerings.
- Become an expert user of our software platform. Learn all the nooks and crannies of the software, conduct trainings for end users, and test new features before they go live.
- Provide technical support by phone and email to users, resolving questions (sometimes simple, sometimes quite complex) about our platform and its interface with New York State systems.
- Prepare patient claim submissions and customer statements on a regular basis. Liaise with managed care organizations concerning claim processing, payments, denials, and other billing questions.
- Propose ideas for improvements and new features for our platform, based on your own ideas and by collecting feedback from users.
- Write emails, blog posts, and documentation to update customers on the services we're providing and improvements to the platform.
- Identify emerging Health Home program needs by meeting with customers and keeping abreast of the changing NYSDOH regulatory landscape that impacts program operations.
- Tech savvy. You're the type of person who enjoys learning new pieces of software. You get excited about finding ways to accomplish a task with fewer clicks. The idea of being a software detective—for example, clicking around and trying to figure out why New York State's MAPP system works the way it does—is appealing to you.
- Excellent research skills. If you started this job, would your inclination be to read everything available on the internet about Health Homes, and keep a running list of questions about how it all works? Does wading through arcane program manuals strike you as something that might be strangely appealing? Great, we want to hear from you!
- Ability to successfully navigate complex projects with multiple stakeholders. This position involves working closely with our customers' administrative staff, users of our platform, managed care organizations, New York State program officers, and Relevant's software engineers. We're looking for someone who can build strong working relationships with all of these constituencies in order to get stuff done.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate can write polished, friendly, professional emails to customers and other collaborators, and can communicate effectively about detailed questions of program policy or technical functionality.
- 3+ years relevant work experience. Strong applicants may come from a variety of backgrounds; previous experience in healthcare program implementation is a plus, but not required. If your experience is elsewhere, tell us how it's prepared you to succeed in this position.
Working at Relevant
- Join a small team of people who love what they do and continually strive to delight our customers.
- Help us build a company culture that's friendly, respectful, and encourages continual learning.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits (we pay 100% of employee healthcare premiums), 401(k) with employer contribution, generous vacation policy, and a general emphasis on happiness and sanity.
Our office space in downtown Manhattan is provided by WeWork, which means we get all sorts of nice amenities, including social spaces with couches, lots of natural light, and free coffee and beer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Health Homes Program Associate - via Idealist." When responding, include a resume and a note in the body of the email explaining your interest in the position. Please also include the phrase "funky platypus crest" in your note, so that we know you read this.
We're committed to building a diverse company. Applicants who identify with groups that are under-represented in the technology industry are strongly encouraged to apply.