Full Time Contract
1501 Saint Paul Street
The Hatcher Group is a full-service public affairs and communications firm that works solely with nonprofits, foundations and government. Founded in 2000, The Hatcher Group is based in Bethesda, Md., with offices in Baltimore and Annapolis. We find smart and creative ways to connect our clients with policymakers, the media and the public, to help them advance social change.
Our diverse staff of 30 includes former Congressional staffers, award-winning journalists, social media and digital communications experts, seasoned researchers, policy experts and public relations professionals. We help our clients gain media attention, inform and engage audiences and develop and execute strategic communications plans.
The Hatcher Group seeks to hire a mid- to senior-level communications professional to join our outstanding team in Baltimore. Our Baltimore office manages strategic communications and outreach campaigns for foundations, nonprofit organizations and coalitions – local and national – with a focus on such issues as education, health care, behavioral health, workforce development and the environment. Our clients also often work to advance progressive policies at the state and local levels.
This position will work directly with our clients and lead collaborative teams that develop and implement a wide range of communications strategies, plans and tools.
Ideal candidates will have:
· Five to ten years of public relations or communications experience. Nonprofit communications preferred, but not required.
· Outstanding writing skills and expertise in different types of writing, including reports, press releases, blog posts, social media posts and policy-focused documents.
· Experience developing compelling messaging and/or communications plans.
· A track record of creating and implementing effective communications campaigns.
· Experience with media relations and ability to generate press coverage for clients.
· Excellent client management skills.
· Knowledge of the Baltimore community.
Experience with digital media and/or traditional marketing is a plus. Our Baltimore office is in Mt. Vernon.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.