Sanky Communications creates innovative and effective fundraising and marketing campaigns for nonprofit organizations. We are based in Midtown, New York City. Although our staff is currently working remotely due to the pandemic, we are open to both remote candidates and candidates who would work from our NYC office when it reopens.
We are looking for a detail-driven, digitally savvy individual with strong multi-tasking skills to join our team as a Project Assistant.
You will work with strategists, project managers, designers and developers to implement and monitor digital marketing/communications strategies and fundraising campaigns for several nonprofit clients. This is a perfect opportunity for someone interested in digital marketing or fundraising, and who is pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector.
Among other responsibilities, the Project Assistant will:
● Assist in implementing and launching email campaigns including audience segmentation; HTML emails will be set up and launched frequently in various eCRMs.
● Assist with other aspects of digital fundraising, advocacy, and marketing campaigns, including landing pages, donation forms, and other web elements.
● Assist with website management and maintenance.
● Monitor and report on campaign performance, and assist with comprehensive reporting.
● Assist in client donor acquisition campaigns, including search engine marketing, email lead generation, and social media campaigns and accompanying conversion strategies to compliment the outreach.
● Conduct quality assurance testing.
● Using Sanky’s project management tool, coordinate production of campaign collateral, ensuring internal teams are kept up-to-date.
● Passion for the nonprofit sector, mission-based work, and/or nonprofit fundraising.
● A fast learner, problem solver, and someone who loves a challenge.
● Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, capable of meeting tight deadlines, and working calmly under pressure.
● Competent with Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) and/or comparative Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience building formulas and using pivot tables in Sheets/Excel preferred.
● Comfortable working with data and has the capability or the desire to learn complex data queries and segmentation.
● A strong communicator, including the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and prepare documents that are coherent, grammatically correct, and professional.
● A strong proofreader for both copy and data.
● Patient, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
● Experience with email marketing and eCRMs; familiarity with Luminate Online and/or Acoustic a plus.
● Familiarity with reading and editing HTML, although specific coding background is unnecessary.
● Familiarity with Google Analytics and/or other website analytics tools.
● Bachelor’s degree or comparative experience.
● NOTE: Once hired, the candidate is required to become Google AdWords Certified.
Location: NYC or Remote
Note: Our office is temporarily closed due to Covid and all staff are expected to work remotely and provide their own internet connection until we are able to safely reopen. Longer term, we are open to both candidates who would work from our New York City office and remote candidates. Working hours will be based in Eastern time zone.
Entry level or early-career
Compensation is $40,000 per year plus benefits which include health, dental, 401k, and free Citibike membership.
How to Apply:
Submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com (with “Project Assistant” in the subject line). Note that your cover letter will be reviewed as a writing sample, and should reflect your best work.
No calls please!
Sanky Communications creates innovative and effective fundraising and marketing campaigns for nonprofit organizations. We are based in Midtown, New York City. Although our staff is currently working remotely due to the pandemic, we are…