The Raben Group (Raben) is a public policy, strategic communications and organizational consulting firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make our nation greater by helping to shift public policy in a sensible, humane direction. We work intimately with policymakers and influencers in the nonprofit, corporate, foundation, and government sectors to identify shared interests, forge new connections, tackle our country’s most intractable problems, and uplift new generations of leaders and activists.
Now 100+ strong with offices across the country, we are proudly majority people of color and LGBTQ, and majority women, all of which affords us a unique perspective on public policy, and imbues us with the fierce urgency of now – we know why this work matters. Spending any time with us, you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in our work, and for us, a sense of humor is a contractual must. Please learn more about Raben at rabengroup.com.
What We Seek:
We seek a Contract and Financial Analyst with hands-on experience in quote pricing, developing and reviewing contracts, contextual knowledge, strong critical thinking abilities, and the tactical skills to work with staff across the firm in supporting business development efforts and advancing the work of our clients. Our Contract Analyst will lead on proposal pricing, contract development/negotiation and renewal, and business development projections. Our successful candidate will have a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, intellectual engagement in the subject matter at hand, and a concierge-like approach to internal and external clients.
- Lead the pricing work for the firm’s business development efforts, collaborating with project staff to clarify scope and other considerations to inform quotes
- Review new contracts, edit terms, work with internal staff and prospective clients on appropriate risk management revisions
- Collaborate with Operations Manager on the submission of RFPs, addressing technical instructions and compliance requirements.
- Track dollar value of pending proposals and outstanding contracts to inform accurate financial projections
- Review and as needed draft NDA terms; develop and maintain repository of non-disclosure commitments
- Maintain and strengthen proposal pricing practices, including engaging with client team staff to assess time and value add on core services, and collaborating with Director of Finance to periodically review and update underlying cost assumptions and target margins
- Work with COO to develop scenario models for varied pricing approaches
- Regularly assess the firm’s existing contractual templates and protocols, making recommendations for efficiency and risk management
- Develop repository of business development and contractual metrics; identify and track key firm wide and practice level performance indicators
- Support the firm’s work in staffing and managing a cohort of non-profit organizations, leading on grant budget proposals and fiscal sponsorship onboarding, in conjunction with Director of Finance
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in contract pricing required; experience in a professional services environment strongly preferred
- Experience developing grant budgets a strong plus
- Experience responding to RFPs and familiarity with typical RFP requirements in the client services space
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, with limited supervision
- A collaborative and relationship-building mindset is required
- Must be able to proactively identify potential challenges/conflicts and communicate with team members with a problem-solving approach
- Superior attention to detail
- Must have a track record of strong verbal and written communication skills and appropriate judgement to converse with staff at all levels and externally with current and prospective clients
- Demonstrable project and time management skills across multiple assignments
The Raben Group Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, aspiring to live the value of equity in all we do.