Job Description Summary
Creates and implements VIVA’s and clients’ visual brands and identities across online and offline channels and materials. Serves as Project Manager for design-related client projects and provides ongoing updates to Project Lead. Manages the successful completion of relevant client projects, overseeing and executing project work plans with activities, assignments, timelines, and deliverables. Coordinates with VIVA staff and manages vendors as needed. Ensures that all communications deliverables are accurate, appropriate for the target audience, on-message and on-brand, and executed with integrity and attention to tone and details.
- Graphically design communications and outreach materials, including but not limited to brochures, posters, flyers, presentations, reports, logos, emails, and other client deliverables and project materials.
- Design or provide design direction for digital communications, including but not limited to websites, social media campaigns, applications, and emails.
- Develop and manage firm and client websites, including building sites from concept to live, working in coordination with staff, clients, and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and/or develops visual components of client projects, for example photo libraries, brand guidelines, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate assigned client digital and design projects. Develop project plans (assignments, timelines, deliverables). Coordinate team members, subcontractors, and vendors. Ensure that projects move forward according to schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure high quality, timely marketing and communication deliverables.
- Facilitate and participate in client meetings and calls related to digital and design projects.
- Communicate regularly with VIVA team members, vendors, and clients, modifying plans as needed.
- Support company communication needs as assigned.
In order to fulfill the essential job functions and duties the Employee must:
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have a valid CA drivers license, and be in good standing with the DMV, with the ability to drive to and from business meetings
- Have current automobile insurance coverage
- Ability to lift at least twenty pounds of equipment into and out of a car to set up for meetings
- Work from VIVA office, unless arrangements have been made to work from home or to attend in-person business meeting
- Ability to travel throughout California to conduct business
Education: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, marketing, or communications
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in graphic design, digital marketing or communications
- Proficiency with Mac and PC systems and technology in general
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with WordPress and hosting platforms; experience with Elementor is an added bonus
- Proficiency with digital marketing software (email marketing and social media management tools)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and G Suite, including PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Preferred: Proficiency with Salesforce, project management software and time tracking software (TaskRay and Harvest)
Core Skills & Capacities:
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and social change
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent customer service – internal/external
- Taking initiative to create a solution when facing an expected or unexpected obstacle
- Keeps calm and makes good decisions when under pressure
- Excellent time management and efficient work style
- Effective communication feedback loops within the VIVA team
- Minimum supervision required to complete high quality work
- Conscious and supportive of team members including initiating assistance
- Recognizes other team members’ strengths and seeks learning opportunities
- Contributes to positive work environment
What are we looking for?
- Strong Designer: You have demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) to effectively design engaging and effective print and digital marketing assets; and you can also make beautiful presentations and documents using Microsoft Office.
- Digital Skills: You understand the digital landscape and how to communicate effectively in it—including through smart web design, compelling visuals and multimedia, and savvy marketing approaches.
- Organized & Productive: You are a master at juggling competing projects and priorities; you are adept at planning and coordinating workflows to meet your goals.
- Quality Driven and Reliable: You’re a perfectionist who focuses on quality. You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help.
- Personable and Poised: You relate easily to others and enjoy working with many different people. You are willing to laugh at yourself, but you also speak with confidence and can command a room (or a Zoom) when you need to.
- Flexible: You are comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing priorities; you embrace new projects and types of work.
- Education & Experience: You have a bachelor’s degree in communications, design, or a related field and at least three years of experience in digital and graphic design.
- Growth Mindset: You learn from trying new things and are also looking for ways to grow and improve your skills. You value getting and giving feedback.
- Inclusive: You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type. You are committed to equity.