Details: Competitive salary based on experience & performance bonus
1410 62nd Street
Accounting & Operations Manager - EMERYVILLE
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and student performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, and Denver.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Accounting and Operations Manager who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
- Manage accounting and financial operations teams
- Mentor and develop team members
- Manage and optimize accounting systems and processes; create and disseminate detailed documentation and workflow charts
- Develop and enhance accounting services based on the needs of our schools and their funders
- Provide hands-on school accounting services, including monthly closes, journal entries and year-end audit preparation
- Develop and implement school fund accounting procedures and reporting; provide fund accounting guidance and training to schools and internal staff
- Ensure all school financial reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
- Maintain system and reporting compatibility with California’s Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS)
· CPA or equivalent full-service accounting work experience
· 7+ years of management experience
· School or Non-Profit experience a huge plus
· Convenient commute to our Headquarters in Emeryville
· Mission-driven focus
Connect with EdTec on social media!
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexplan & 401K
Minimum Education Required